Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reaching out for some help on tuning

drove it about 200 miles seems to be getting a bit better at not leaning out. Sometime at this car show there are tuners there maybe I'll ask them about locked pcm.
    I RATHER BE BLOWN & STROKED THAN SPRAYED

Quote Originally Posted by ToXshoX View Post
    you messaged Paul or am i suppose to?
    I already did.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It gives me some error BootLoader Rejected Attachment 18649

i tried the V8 software key thing and got nothing there was no file name PCMlocks either. So i'm not sure what to do now. I might have downloaded the pcm config and it might be stored somewhere I guess i can load that into my Roadrunner pcm perhaps? But as far as unlocking this pcm can it be done?
    Make sure you are using the latest V8 software available here:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release
    Then start the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Select [F3: Tune], and attempt to read the controller. When you attempt to read the controller make sure you have "Try At Keys" and "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" checkboxes both checked. Note the controller's serial number that will be displayed in the "Detailed Information" display. Close that window.

Select the [F8: Tools] option, then the [F5: Keys] option. Enter the serial number into the "Serial Number:" field and click [Find Key]. That will search all known PCMLocks.ini files and will search on your FlashScan device for any keys stored in there.

If it does not find any keys then please send me the *.htx trace file of the failed read attempt of that controller using V8 pass-thru reading. The trace file will be created in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Make sure you are using the latest V8 software available here:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release
    Then start the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Select [F3: Tune], and attempt to read the controller. When you attempt to read the controller make sure you have "Try At Keys" and "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" checkboxes both checked. Note the controller's serial number that will be displayed in the "Detailed Information" display. Close that window.

Select the [F8: Tools] option, then the [F5: Keys] option. Enter the serial number into the "Serial Number:" field and click [Find Key]. That will search all known PCMLocks.ini files and will search on your FlashScan device for any keys stored in there.

If it does not find any keys then please send me the *.htx trace file of the failed read attempt of that controller using V8 pass-thru reading. The trace file will be created in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul for getting in touch with me. It didn't seem to find anything for keys it's like it didn't search at all but i don't have a pcmlocks.ini file. How do I send you that trace file?

when i do the read on v8 i get this at the end "Script exited with code $0537: Controller is locked with a custom key."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Thanks Paul for getting in touch with me. It didn't seem to find anything for keys it's like it didn't search at all but i don't have a pcmlocks.ini file. How do I send you that trace file?
    Send it to paul@efilive.com, include a link to this thread.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234