Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLX2 corrupt?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purrvert View Post
    I've uninstalled both versions of scan and tune. Reinstalled build 286. It's getting worse. Six dialog boxes for 'invalid handles' appear when I close tune, all code 1400. Tune authorization set to demo but scan is not connected and tune Help register has been filled in for commercial. I'm lost.
    Those registration details are not correct. They do not match what we have on file for that FlashScan V1.2 device.
    Please send your FlashScan authorization code to me at paul@efilive.com and I'll re-issue you with the correct registration details.
    You can generate the authorization code using the V7 menu option: Help->FlashScan V1 PCM licensing... Then select the [Authenticate] tab page and click the [Copy] button to copy the "Auth code" then paste it into the email.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Post your log file here, I'll take a closer look at it with latest software.

Joecar,
    here's a run to the grocery store.
    BB-Log_0087.efiLog_0050.efi
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

Joecar,
    here's a run to the grocery store.
    BB-Log_0087.efiLog_0050.efi
    Which file is ok in V7 build 236...?

Which file is corrupt in V7 build 286 (BB-Log_87.rfi...?)...?

Neither log is OK in either build. 0087 reads AD2 correctly after about a minute but changes PLX2 to LM1, 155 mph sustained speed? I believe 0087 was saved with 236. 0050 shows open voltage for AD2. The same pid selection shown in my original post was used for both logs.
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

Ok, I'll point that out to Paul.

Update. Read a non related post by Blacky "Previously I said try downloading the full-install. My mistake, there is no full-install for build 283. Build 283 can only be installed by installing build 282 (the current public release) and then doing a "Check For Updates" option." I don't remember how I got started after hard-drive failure besides loading build 236 from originally supplied disk and then upgrading to build 283 and the non read of AD2 showed up. After reading post I found build 256 and installed and tested OK. Installed 281, 282, 286 and all is well.
    Only the Electronic Throttle doesn't show red directories unless V1 is plugged in. I understand that is a 'KEY' problem.

link to the post
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...&highlight=282

Update. Read a non related post by Blacky "Previously I said try downloading the full-install. My mistake, there is no full-install for build 283. Build 283 can only be installed by installing build 282 (the current public release) and then doing a "Check For Updates" option." I don't remember how I got started after hard-drive failure besides loading build 236 from originally supplied disk and then upgrading to build 283 and the non read of AD2 showed up. After reading post I found build 256 and installed and tested OK. Installed 281, 282, 286 and all is well.
    Only the Electronic Throttle doesn't show red directories unless V1 is plugged in. I understand that is a 'KEY' problem.

link to the post
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...&highlight=282
    For future reference, each installation executable file is 100% self contained. You don't ever need to install an older release before installing the latest release (or pre-release). It doesn't matter if you do, it's just not necessary.

Regards
    Paul

That is how it is designed to work. The throttle tables are only available to customers who have a FlashScan device and that FlashScan device is connected when the software is started. The throttle tables will not show up based on software registration details alone.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12