Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autocal will not allow license activation

Default Autocal will not allow license activation

I sent my brother my autocal that I did the quick setup on and has loaded the tune file to the autocal. When he plugs it in it gives error $0533 no license slot available. I have purchased the license and when he enters the activation code under F7 it gives code not valid. Quite confused with this and would really appreciate any help in getting it sorted. Thanks in advance

Lifetime Member

Hi Dean,

I've checked our online store. In the last 48 hours I can see 4 orders for you.

3 were for FlashScan V2 licenses, and 1 for an AutoCal license. The order for the AutoCal license was placed a number of hours after your post was made.

Have you been able to activate the license on the AutoCal now?

Cheers
    Cindy

yes, I was in panic do to this being a brand new truck and he is not that familiar with tuning so I was purchasing the V2 license not realizing it. Also found out that the Autocal had a completely different license number from my V2 which made 2 autocal license orders. Not sure why it has a different license number as I did do the physical link before I sent it. Anyways the tune file flashed in no problem and at first he was sort of disappointed as he didn't think it felt any different from the stock. He wants better gas mileage so we gave him better usage from low to mid range and added a touch of power from mid to upper range. He then called back almost hysterical with joy as the mileage jumped from 18-19 to 21-22 just cruising around town. Oh yeah and he didn't realize "These Big Heavy Trucks" go sideways so easily when you lay the skinny pedal against the metal wall! BIG SHOUT OUT THANK YOU TO EFI LIVE AND THEIR TEAM!!! Awesome product. Sorry for the ramble.

Lifetime Member

When placing an order for a license you are asked for the Serial number and the Auth Code. The serial number is UNIQUE to each device irrespective of it's purpose. Those two pieces of data are required to generate an additional license slot on EFILive hardware.

There is a separate, independent process to link and AutoCal to a FlashScan device. That linking process does use the FlashScan V2 serial number to given the AutoCal 'permission' to flash tunes from a particular FlashScan V2, but it does not replace the unique serial number of the AutoCal.

Glad to hear your brother is happy with the tuning you wrote for him.

Cheers
    Cindy

I am having the same issue. My code is invalid.

Are you on the latest release?

Yes. Updated everything yesterday

Uninstall the new software and download and install the December 2015 and retry.

Lifetime Member

Did you purchase the license for the correct device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes it's the correct device. I had to install a new ECM per repair. I contacted EFI why it was replaced with invoice from dealer and codes and files to get a new VIN lic. I purchased it from our supplier and gave them correct SN and auth info.
    Last edited by jwoodydiesel; June 20th, 2016 at 02:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast