Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: OS Fault Aborted FULL PROGRAMMING Failure.

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Additionally, I now am unable to Full Flash a T43. I wish to put the original 24239353 that was previously changed by a shop to 24249179, however I can no longer do it since everything has gone to the .CTZ only format. Please advise.
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

  2. #12
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    V7.5 has never been able to Full Flash a T43 (cal only from day one), only V8 can full flash T43's.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    V7.5 has never been able to Full Flash a T43 (cal only from day one), only V8 can full flash T43's.
    Ok.either way, I still cannot full flash the T43 even with V8 as it tells me the OS is incompatible.
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

  4. #14
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Additionally, I now am unable to Full Flash a T43. I wish to put the original 24239353 that was previously changed by a shop to 24249179, however I can no longer do it since everything has gone to the .CTZ only format. Please advise.
    Hello Jesse,

    I did quite a lot of R&D with the T43 a couple of years ago. There are more than a few different GM part numbers / service numbers for the T43 TCM over the years.

    If the original OS was 24239353, then the T43 was from a 2007 or 2008 model vehicle. T43 OS 24249179 was used in some 2009 model vehicles.

    If memory serves, I was able to use EFILive to flash 2006 to 2008 model year OS into a T43 similar to yours. If I recall correctly, EFILive would not allow a 2009 model year OS to be flashed into this T43.

    The concern is the corruption (i.e. bricking) of the T43 TCM. If I need to change the OS in a T43, I tend to work in two distinct camps – 2006 to 2008 OS, and 2012+ OS. If the T43 is a 2010, I won’t change the OS at all (out of caution).

    So, if the T43 originally had OS 24239353 and now has OS 24249179, then there is a very good chance this was done with a Tech 2 or MDI – which is what you will need to use to change it back.

    A word of caution – using TIS2WEB and a Tech 2 or MDI is no guarantee that you won’t destroy the T43 (or any controller). I have destroyed more LS1-B PCMs using GM’s software than I have using tuning software.


    Best regards,
    Taz

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hello Jesse,

    I did quite a lot of R&D with the T43 a couple of years ago. There are more than a few different GM part numbers / service numbers for the T43 TCM over the years.

    If the original OS was 24239353, then the T43 was from a 2007 or 2008 model vehicle. T43 OS 24249179 was used in some 2009 model vehicles.

    If memory serves, I was able to use EFILive to flash 2006 to 2008 model year OS into a T43 similar to yours. If I recall correctly, EFILive would not allow a 2009 model year OS to be flashed into this T43.

    The concern is the corruption (i.e. bricking) of the T43 TCM. If I need to change the OS in a T43, I tend to work in two distinct camps – 2006 to 2008 OS, and 2012+ OS. If the T43 is a 2010, I won’t change the OS at all (out of caution).

    So, if the T43 originally had OS 24239353 and now has OS 24249179, then there is a very good chance this was done with a Tech 2 or MDI – which is what you will need to use to change it back.

    A word of caution – using TIS2WEB and a Tech 2 or MDI is no guarantee that you won’t destroy the T43 (or any controller). I have destroyed more LS1-B PCMs using GM’s software than I have using tuning software.


    Best regards,
    Taz

    THANK YOU! You have confirmed something that I have suspected over the past few years. I personally have specifically focused on 07-08's T43's (exclusively using EFILive) and always cautioned customers who used any other model year base T43 OS's. It just so happened that customers have been using 07,08, and 2012+, which is why I never encountered this problem. I must assume the other shop used a GM controller OR simply switched the TCM bc it originally came out of an 08 Escalade and now it has this Vette tune (just so that he could use his TUTD). But now it has caused a bunch of other problems.

    Now if I can only figure out why I can't reprogram my E67's.
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

  6. #16
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    ... Now if I can only figure out why I can't reprogram my E67's ...
    Hello Jesse,

    Tuning software (any and all) can only read and flash 6 out of the 8 segments of a Gen 4 ECM calibration (i.e. E38 / E67).

    The Engine Operation segment (throttle control) and the Slave segment do NOT get read or flashed.

    In some very specific circumstances you can flash a new (and different) ECM OS over another ECM OS, and not create significant issues in the process - but this is the exception, not the rule.

    The best / safest / most professional way to reprogram the OS in a Gen 4 ECM (your E67 example) is by using a Tech 2, MDI, or any other compatible J2534 device in conjunction with GM software, and the appropriate calibration purchased from GM (or often via ACDelco).

    It is simply the cost of doing business correctly.


    Best regards,
    Taz

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hello Jesse,

    Tuning software (any and all) can only read and flash 6 out of the 8 segments of a Gen 4 ECM calibration (i.e. E38 / E67).

    The Engine Operation segment (throttle control) and the Slave segment do NOT get read or flashed.

    In some very specific circumstances you can flash a new (and different) ECM OS over another ECM OS, and not create significant issues in the process - but this is the exception, not the rule.
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, it's conceivable that, in strictly using EFILIVE, I could have programmed one OS over another without a problem, but can't necessarily put it back due to the 6 of 8 segmenting and perhaps even how the new OS took to the remaining 2 segments?
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

  8. #18
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, it's conceivable that, in strictly using EFILIVE, I could have programmed one OS over another without a problem, but can't necessarily put it back due to the 6 of 8 segmenting and perhaps even how the new OS took to the remaining 2 segments?
    Not necessarily ... I don't know what checks and balances the EFILive software uses to prevent potential damage to an E67 ECM.

    What I am saying, is that using any tuning software to change the OS in an E67 ECM is not the best course of action (especially for a commercial business).

    When I put together a wiring harness and ECM package, an appropriate ECM core is selected from inventory, initially programmed using the TIS2WEB service (the correct base program for the intended application installed), then tuning software is used to disable VATS, enable or disable other options, configure inputs and outputs (e.g. ECM Starter control, Cruise Control, Speedometer, Tach, and Gage outputs), Idle and Airflow parameters are adjusted as necessary, and DTCs are configured.

    I would not use tuning software to change the OS in a Gen 4 ECM.


    Best regards,
    Taz

  9. #19
    Lifetime Member minytrker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Not necessarily ... I don't know what checks and balances the EFILive software uses to prevent potential damage to an E67 ECM.

    What I am saying, is that using any tuning software to change the OS in an E67 ECM is not the best course of action (especially for a commercial business).

    When I put together a wiring harness and ECM package, an appropriate ECM core is selected from inventory, initially programmed using the TIS2WEB service (the correct base program for the intended application installed), then tuning software is used to disable VATS, enable or disable other options, configure inputs and outputs (e.g. ECM Starter control, Cruise Control, Speedometer, Tach, and Gage outputs), Idle and Airflow parameters are adjusted as necessary, and DTCs are configured.

    I would not use tuning software to change the OS in a Gen 4 ECM.



    Best regards,
    Taz
    Man I wish everyone had that same thought process, sure would make tuning swaps so much easier. Im not sure a week goes by where I dont get a call about someone having mismatched components on a swap.
    99 Z28 Camaro|LS1 Heads & cam Tuned by LSX Power Tuning
    2003 CC Duramax Dually|19.5 w/245/70/19.5|Tuned by LSX Power Tuning|5in exhaust
    2009 G8 GT Vararam CAI|Tuned by LSX Power Tuning|GXP Mufflers|Custom System
    2006 CTS-V K&N CAI|OBX Headers|Cammed LS3|Tuned by LSX Power Tuning|

  10. #20
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Hello Lorenz,

    Thank you for the kind words. The Devil is in the details with Gen 4 platforms.


    Best regards,
    Taz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. General Programming Failure ($85) $0385 With Autocal
    By Mitco39 in forum Duramax 06 LLY / 06+ LBZ & LMM
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 7th, 2013, 01:09 AM
  2. Fault
    By GMLSI in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2007, 03:56 AM
  3. OL-Fault
    By NewV in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 9th, 2007, 10:07 PM
  4. OL-Fault?
    By Bruce Melton in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2005, 03:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •