Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OS Fault Aborted FULL PROGRAMMING Failure.

As Taz hinted, GM's TIS2WEB does not have any sanity checks on what you are trying to do, if you manage to get it to flash say a 2007 E67 OS in to a 2010 E67 ECM then it will corrupt/brick it 100% guaranteed to happen, that is why we won't remove those restrictions and this applies to any controller (TCM's included). Mind you they are getting better with the late model stuff where they do check some part numbers before allowing the flash.
    Taz is also correct in that if you have a 2006 E67 from a Pontiac G6 GTP 3.9L and you are using it on a 2006 Northstar V8 then yes you must use TIS2WEB so all 8 segments are flashed. The secondary CPU (the last two segments) are not readable therefore only TIS has the means to flash it because all the files are stored at the GM HQ servers. And to be honest the thought of flashing the very thing that oversees correct throttle operation is not something I'd be happy with.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Got it. I recognize the technical aspects of "the process" are not generally shared due to it completely confusing the casual hot rodder -turned- tuner, but having done so many 6 speed swaps and hitting this bump, really threw me. Furthet cleared up some throttle issues I wad having in my own project trucks. Thanks for taking the time to explain and clarify; and advise how to program moving forward. Time for a Tech 2!!!
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

TechII not needed, there is much cheaper pass through options, just Google 'J2534 pass through device'.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123