Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Aug 07, 2015 Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Aug 07, 2015 Public Pre-Release

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the August 07, 2015 Public Pre-Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the current/stable release software here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    Download the public pre-release software here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

Public pre-release software versions:

• Software: V7.5.7.290
    • Software: V8.2.2.283
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.88

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2 (in July 28 release):
    In the July 28 pre-release, error $0525 occurs when trying to license or flash a *.ctz or *.coz tune file using the V8 pass-thru flashing software.
    The error is due to the July 28 release being built with the wrong EFILive_VM.dll file. That dll is faulty and does not recognize any files created by previous software versions.
    Workaround:
    Please download and install the Aug 07 update
    Issue 3 (in July 28 release):
    In the July 28 pre-release, BBX scan items that specify both an ECM and a TCM display no PIDs.
    Workaround:
    Issue 4 (in July 28 release):
    In the July 28 pre-release, the V8 PID selections have been incorrectly limited to 35 channels for most CAN controllers.
    Workaround:
    Issue 5 (in July 31 release):
    In the July 31 pre-release, an Access Violation may occur when deleting a "Scan Controller" item from the [F5: BBX] tab page.
    Workaround:
    Issue 6 (in July 31 release):
    In the July 31 pre-release, the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware would stall when starting black box logging if more than 7 dynamic frames were required to transmit PID data from the ECM to FlashScan/AutoCal.
    (Note: 7 dynamic frames is about 49 channels).
    Workaround:
    Issue 7 (in Aug 03 release):
    Some diesel injector PIDs (defined for Black Box Logging) were not available in the V7 Scan Tool display.
    Workaround:

Issue 8 (in Aug 03 release):
    Some PIDs would not display negative values correctly in the V8 Scan Tool display.
    Workaround:
    Last edited by Blacky; August 12th, 2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: To correct spelling errors
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I built an e86b file and sent to a remote customer using this release. Verified that the customer was running this release and firmware was up to date. When trying to license the controller we would get a $0525 error. File not supported by this software. Reverted both back to july 8 software and re-saved file using that software and the truck flashed without issue.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Tried Flashing a G56 2014 Today. Customer stated that he was getting $0531 when he tried to license the controller. (The controller serial number stored in the tune file does not match the controller's serial number.). I remoted into his computer and when I try to license the controller I get $0380 (Service Not Supported In Active Diagnostic Session)

I've never seen this Error code before. I sat there on the phone and updated his software to July28th release as well as his V2. So its all up to date. Any ideas.
    DraconianDiesel
    Dodge/Ford/GM Tuning
    2003 LB7 , 2006 LBZ
    2008 6.7 Cummins
    2008 6.4 Ford

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydiesel View Post
    I built an e86b file and sent to a remote customer using this release. Verified that the customer was running this release and firmware was up to date. When trying to license the controller we would get a $0525 error. File not supported by this software. Reverted both back to july 8 software and re-saved file using that software and the truck flashed without issue.
    Sorry, its caused by a faulty dll in the latest build. I will rebuild the installation exe and re-upload it asap.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    Tried Flashing a G56 2014 Today. Customer stated that he was getting $0531 when he tried to license the controller. (The controller serial number stored in the tune file does not match the controller's serial number.). I remoted into his computer and when I try to license the controller I get $0380 (Service Not Supported In Active Diagnostic Session)

I've never seen this Error code before. I sat there on the phone and updated his software to July28th release as well as his V2. So its all up to date. Any ideas.
    Error $0380 may be resolved by switching off the ign for 30 seconds, unplugging FlashScan/AutoCal then swithcing it back on again, then reconnecting FlashScan/AutoCal.

Error $0531 means the serial number in the file's security settings does not match the serial number that was retrieved from the ECM. If the ECM is in dead-poll due to a previous failed flash (or maybe because it is in some sort of diagnostic mode as indicated by the $0380 error) then the serial number returned from the ECM may bot be accurate. In that case you may first need to flash a stock tune file (that doe not have any security restrictions) into the ECM to get it back to "normal" so that the serial number is available when flashing the original file that has the serial number security restriction.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Post #1 has now been updated.

Software update is now available https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Error $0380 may be resolved by switching off the ign for 30 seconds, unplugging FlashScan/AutoCal then swithcing it back on again, then reconnecting FlashScan/AutoCal.

Error $0531 means the serial number in the file's security settings does not match the serial number that was retrieved from the ECM. If the ECM is in dead-poll due to a previous failed flash (or maybe because it is in some sort of diagnostic mode as indicated by the $0380 error) then the serial number returned from the ECM may bot be accurate. In that case you may first need to flash a stock tune file (that doe not have any security restrictions) into the ECM to get it back to "normal" so that the serial number is available when flashing the original file that has the serial number security restriction.

Regards
    Paul
    Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. We have sense gotten a stock file to flash, and modified file with no security for controller type flashed in. I'm waiting to hear back on whether the slightly modified file with the security for the controller will go through. Then I'll have him try the deleted file again. Only reason I question any of it is the OS is different on my base file I built his main tune from. So I'm just wanting to make sure that's not an issue. I didn't think the OS being different would effect the flash process though.
    DraconianDiesel
    Dodge/Ford/GM Tuning
    2003 LB7 , 2006 LBZ
    2008 6.7 Cummins
    2008 6.4 Ford

Rather than start an entirly new thread, this July 28 pre-release thread has been updated to July 31 pre-release.
    Regards
    Paul

When I go to V8, Scan & Tune, Tools, Update, all my old .ctz files show they need to be updated. I updated them recently and there is no mention of having to update in the current 'Whats New'. Do they really need to be updated or is this a bug with the latest release (July 28 & 31) ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    When I go to V8, Scan & Tune, Tools, Update, all my old .ctz files show they need to be updated. I updated them recently and there is no mention of having to update in the current 'Whats New'. Do they really need to be updated or is this a bug with the latest release (July 28 & 31) ?

Thanks.
    The *.ctz/*.coz file version number has been changed from 10 to 11, as explained under the "important" heading in the release post.
    You do not need to update any of your files. Version 10 files are 100% compatible with the latest release software and firmware.
    However, version 11 files (created with the latest release) will not work with the older software.

Note: You can view the file version number by loading a file into the version 8 software and checking the [F4: Properties]->[File/Author Information] tab page.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast