Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aug 07, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Aug 07, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.
    Updated Aug 07 to resolve known issues 7 and 8.

Release Notes:
    Whats New

IMPORTANT
    The Auto-Lock implementation for E39, E92 and E98 controllers requires that tuners and customers upgrade their AutoCal and FlashScan firmware to V2.07.86 or later. The upgrade is required to prevent *.ctz and *.coz tune files created using this pre-release (or later) from being used with older software or firmware.

Tuners: If you update your software and/or firmware and attempt to deliver new tune files to your customers, then your customers must also update to that same or later version or they will not be able to flash those new tune files.

Existing tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Known Issues
    Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues thread.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 290
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 283
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.88 (Aug 03, 2015
    )
    To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; August 12th, 2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

sorry to post in here, but is there any scheduled work pencilled in for the t43's to be looked at again. if so, can a priority be put on getting access for the shift adapts?

I eagerly look forward to each new versions releases notes and nada, no mention of t43's. not bitchin, just curious.

At some stage 'maybe' but to be honest the horse has already bolted on the T43, it is nearly 10 years old now, most additional support requests come for new models and with GM's current generation of controllers getting constantly updated (E39A, E78, E80, E92, E98, T87 and some I probably forgot about), myself and and our other cals guy struggle to keep up with the demands on those. I won't be looking at the T43 again but the other developer has it on his list (pretty far down though).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    At some stage 'maybe' but to be honest the horse has already bolted on the T43, it is nearly 10 years old now, most additional support requests come for new models and with GM's current generation of controllers getting constantly updated (E39A, E78, E80, E92, E98, T87 and some I probably forgot about), myself and and our other cals guy struggle to keep up with the demands on those. I won't be looking at the T43 again but the other developer has it on his list (pretty far down though).
    How can it not be still relevant? it's still being installed in current model cars/trucks! Hopefully your not getting it confused with the old 4l60-t42 combo.

I'm talking about the 6l80e stuff from 2011 onwards. pre-11 you guys have all the shift adapt stuff which is great but past 2010 when they changed tcm manufacturer we are very limited. Hell, doesn't the new Colorado's use the t43's now also?

Not having the shift adapts for the newer models is the only reason I haven't purchased a stream license for this model controller.

I'm not having a go at you, I just find it odd you don't think of it as a current generation controller, especially seeing as it'll still be in the holden line-up until they finish production in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    How can it not be still relevant?
    I never said it wasn't relevant as I know the 6 speed will be around for a few more years to come, unfortunately the T43 isn't going to keep our office doors open, that is what I meant.
    We could spend 3 months enhancing the T43 but our staff are not volunteers so we need to make business decisions that will keep them employed without going broke (yep, I know I'll get slammed for saying that). The T76 is another problem child at the moment, late model software changes that have left us scratching our heads on many tables for them too, damn GM and their constant software rewrites.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Rather than start an entirly new thread, this July 28 pre-release thread has been updated to July 31 pre-release.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I understand your commercial constraints. However I have just got a 2015 Maloo R8 with a T43. Thats why I have invested in your product and licenses. T43's are still rolling of the production lines.
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by MyM8V8 View Post
    I understand your commercial constraints. However I have just got a 2015 Maloo R8 with a T43. Thats why I have invested in your product and licenses. T43's are still rolling of the production lines.
    As I said above "I never said it wasn't relevant as I know the 6 speed will be around for a few more years to come" , the balance we try to find is the R&D time between all the controllers we support.

Thanks.

Still love the product.
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"

Lifetime Member

I am not sure which recent software version this started with (July 28th?), but when making security changes to a tune file in the quick setup I get a message that states "connected device has been changed from EFILive AutoCal V2 to EFILive FlashScan V2. This means that I have to reselect the autocal after making changes otherwise the quick setup file is flashed into my v2 instead of the autocal. Also, I don't remember having to click "ok" after selecting "link to remote autocal" before either. These are not a big deal but it is a bit of an inconvenience that takes a little extra time which adds up over a day of tuning autocal. Just my input... Besides that everything has been working well for me.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast