Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aug 07, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATPCummins View Post
    I am not sure which recent software version this started with (July 28th?), but when making security changes to a tune file in the quick setup I get a message that states "connected device has been changed from EFILive AutoCal V2 to EFILive FlashScan V2. This means that I have to reselect the autocal after making changes otherwise the quick setup file is flashed into my v2 instead of the autocal. Also, I don't remember having to click "ok" after selecting "link to remote autocal" before either. These are not a big deal but it is a bit of an inconvenience that takes a little extra time which adds up over a day of tuning autocal. Just my input... Besides that everything has been working well for me.
    Hi Mike,

I can see how both of those are annoying.

I can easily remove the "ok" prompt for the "Link to AutoCal" option. The prompt is not needed because it is trivial to remove the link if/when that option is selected by mistake.
    Changing the connection to FlashScan should be done silently in the background, and if a connection to an AutoCal was already established that conenction should be automatically restored - I'll put that on the to-do list.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Hi Mike,

I can see how both of those are annoying.

I can easily remove the "ok" prompt for the "Link to AutoCal" option. The prompt is not needed because it is trivial to remove the link if/when that option is selected by mistake.
    Changing the connection to FlashScan should be done silently in the background, and if a connection to an AutoCal was already established that conenction should be automatically restored - I'll put that on the to-do list.

Regards
    Paul
    Thank you, Sir.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Got a $0333 error code, I updated the V2 (Aug 3rd,2015) to the new updated firmware (this one here in this section) and tried to do a hand held full flash (LS1B) flash failed and code appeared, tried a Cal flash and still the same error code.
    Have been flashing this same PCM for years now and with this new software I get an error code, going backwards not forwards are we not?
    Can you make it where one can disable that stupid locking the PCM every time you make a change to the tune it locks the tune again, annoying. I don't want or need to lock the PCM so I don't want that feature at all period. I don't censor my own PCM. And I don't lock tunes I do for others either.

And the Explorer section will not show newly created tunes, even after a "F5" refresh, have to hand copy it there, not right.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Got a $0333 error code, I updated the V2 (Aug 3rd,2015) to the new updated firmware (this one here in this section) and tried to do a hand held full flash (LS1B) flash failed and code appeared, tried a Cal flash and still the same error code.
    Have been flashing this same PCM for years now and with this new software I get an error code, going backwards not forwards are we not?
    Can you make it where one can disable that stupid locking the PCM every time you make a change to the tune it locks the tune again, annoying. I don't want or need to lock the PCM so I don't want that feature at all period. I don't censor my own PCM. And I don't lock tunes I do for others either.

And the Explorer section will not show newly created tunes, even after a "F5" refresh, have to hand copy it there, not right.
    The software/firmware should never lock a controller unless instructed to. However, in one of the releases over the past few months a bug existed that caused the LS1B controller to have its seed/key incorrectly set to $0000/$0000 during a full flash. After that happens to a cotroller the controller appears to FlashScan as if it is not secured with any key (which is what a seed of $0000 means). However because of the bug the controller is actually locked with a key of $0000.

So assuming the controlelr has fallen victim to that bug at some stage in the past...

In the V8 software, to force FlashScan to send the $0000 key (even after it sees the seed of $0000) you must check the "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" check box. And to force FlashScan to send the key of $0000 you have to check the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox. So with both of those check boxes checked you should be able read/flash the controller.

To get the seed/key back to normal (so the controlelr appears to be locked with a standard GM seed/key pair), use the V7 lock/unlock option to unlock the controller by using a key value of $0000 and checking the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Can you please elaborate on this problem, I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to explain?

Regards
    Paul

A new Update has been posted (Aug 07) to correct some minor PID display issues.
    Regards
    Paul

Thanks for the update.

When I open Explorer Icon on the desktop the software window displays the current state of the V2 and contents of the files (tunes) on the controller, above the listed files on the controller are the (tunes) in the last section entry I had open (2005 tunes) in that folder I placed the last created tune file there when saving but it is not present when I open the Explorer window, I used F5 to refresh that open window in an attempt to refresh the entries and possibly make the newly created file appear. Only way I can get it to appear is open My Documents>Program files>Efilive>7.5>Bins>2005 tunes and then copy and paste the file into the file list, of course I can do a drag and drop directly from Bins folder into the controller and not from the list above through Explorer and it copies the file but if I want to make changes to the file and just be able to drag and drop from Explorer file read section I have to copy the file into the list.
    Make any sense?
    Last edited by Chevy366; August 10th, 2015 at 07:03 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

The software/firmware should never lock a controller unless instructed to.
    So when I open a tune from V8 for "edit", every time I am asked if I want to "save" changes to the tune if I answer "save" it locks the tune file and I have to unlock it every time through the V8 software before I can make modifications to that file, well not every time some times it will allow me to open the tune again through 7.5 tune software without needing to unlock, that is if I have not rebooted the computer. If I reboot the computer and try re-opening the tune file through the 7.5 tune software it will display "unknown" and I have to open the V8 software "unlock" the tune and press the "edit" in V8 to open the 7.5 tune software again.
    Shouldn't the 7.5 software remember the last tune opened and default to that tune and not require V8 to be opened and the "edit" function through the V8 be used?
    Is it me trying to open the tune through the 7.5 Tune software causing the V8 to lock the tune again?

Edit: Just tired it, I opened a tune through V8 Scan and Tune by the "edit" function, made a change "saved" it, reopened it and got a locked tune use properties to unlock warning. Properties and sure enough "lock" was on had to unlock again. Don't like this slow and cumbersome.
    Maybe I should say "security restrictions", it does show a "lock" as the icon, so locking it does right?
    If the tune restrictions are locked does it lock the controller (PCM) when flashed to it?
    Last edited by Chevy366; August 10th, 2015 at 08:23 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

In the V8 software, to force FlashScan to send the $0000 key (even after it sees the seed of $0000) you must check the "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" check box. And to force FlashScan to send the key of $0000 you have to check the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox. So with both of those check boxes checked you should be able read/flash the controller.

To get the seed/key back to normal (so the controlelr appears to be locked with a standard GM seed/key pair), use the V7 lock/unlock option to unlock the controller by using a key value of $0000 and checking the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox.

Regards
    Paul
    Wait you said V7 did you mean V8 or V7.5 lock/unlock option?
    Will this reset the Controller and not require any more voodoo bootlegging to make the controller work again?
    I am assuming that you mean to do a flash in pass through mode using a laptop and not in hand held mode? Can I do a full flash or does it matter the mode used?

Edit: I see in V8 under "properties> remote control" that you can set the parameters you describe and then a "save" button, if I do a "save" will it save the checked requirements, seed key and do them in hand held mode?
    I checked in both 'Full" and "Calibration" sections and then saved also.

Oh and another odd thing -- I can open a tune and do a comparison of that tune with itself and the VE table will show it is different from itself, highlight, copy and paste and change, save and reopen, it still shows that there is a difference in the VE with itself, weird.
    Last edited by Chevy366; August 10th, 2015 at 08:04 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast