Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aug 07, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Paul is off sick at the moment, might be a day or two before he is back on board.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    When I open Explorer Icon on the desktop the software window displays the current state of the V2 and contents of the files (tunes) on the controller, above the listed files on the controller are the (tunes) in the last section entry I had open (2005 tunes) in that folder I placed the last created tune file there when saving but it is not present when I open the Explorer window, I used F5 to refresh that open window in an attempt to refresh the entries and possibly make the newly created file appear. Only way I can get it to appear is open My Documents>Program files>Efilive>7.5>Bins>2005 tunes and then copy and paste the file into the file list, of course I can do a drag and drop directly from Bins folder into the controller and not from the list above through Explorer and it copies the file but if I want to make changes to the file and just be able to drag and drop from Explorer file read section I have to copy the file into the list.
    Make any sense?
    Your right, the refresh button is not working. I had EFILive Explorer open while saving tune files in V8 and they were not appearing even after refreshing in EFILive Explorer. I did find if I moved out of the chosen folder in the top left portion of the EFILive Explorer screen and then re-navigated back into the chosen folder the refresh did occur. I then sorted by date so I could quickly see the added files.

Maybe that is a better work around for you until Paul is back on deck and can follow it up.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

So when I open a tune from V8 for "edit", every time I am asked if I want to "save" changes to the tune if I answer "save" it locks the tune file and I have to unlock it every time through the V8 software before I can make modifications to that file, well not every time some times it will allow me to open the tune again through 7.5 tune software without needing to unlock, that is if I have not rebooted the computer. If I reboot the computer and try re-opening the tune file through the 7.5 tune software it will display "unknown" and I have to open the V8 software "unlock" the tune and press the "edit" in V8 to open the 7.5 tune software again.
    Shouldn't the 7.5 software remember the last tune opened and default to that tune and not require V8 to be opened and the "edit" function through the V8 be used?
    Is it me trying to open the tune through the 7.5 Tune software causing the V8 to lock the tune again?

Edit: Just tired it, I opened a tune through V8 Scan and Tune by the "edit" function, made a change "saved" it, reopened it and got a locked tune use properties to unlock warning. Properties and sure enough "lock" was on had to unlock again. Don't like this slow and cumbersome.
    Maybe I should say "security restrictions", it does show a "lock" as the icon, so locking it does right?
    If the tune restrictions are locked does it lock the controller (PCM) when flashed to it?
    You should check your properties settings that automatically apply each time you save a tune file. I'm certain in a recent release (sometime between May and now) we had a software warning in the release notes to check your default settings after the update.

In V7 software these are located by navigating to the Permissions tab.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V7 Permissions.png 
Views:	259 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	18702

In V8 software these are located by navigating to Edit -> Properties -> General -> Files/Folders

Name:	V8 edit properties.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	18701

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

Sounds like the problem I had nice,This stuff is going to make us all crazy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    You should check your properties settings that automatically apply each time you save a tune file. I'm certain in a recent release (sometime between May and now) we had a software warning in the release notes to check your default settings after the update.

In V7 software these are located by navigating to the Permissions tab.

Name:	V7 Permissions.png 
Views:	259 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	18702

In V8 software these are located by navigating to Edit -> Properties -> General -> Files/Folders

Name:	V8 edit properties.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	18701

Cheers
    Cindy
    "to check your default settings after the update." every time? Or just the once? "the update" which one? This one or one of the ones before it?

"A non-restricted version" does that mean a tune that has the restrictions lifted through V8 before doing it in the V7 window?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=217904

It was the april release that could potentially reset security settings, and the warning was in the release notes as well as in the discussion
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Lifetime Member

"to check your default settings after the update." every time? Or just the once? "the update" which one? This one or one of the ones before it?

"A non-restricted version" does that mean a tune that has the restrictions lifted through V8 before doing it in the V7 window?
    It was the public release dated May 2015. http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/do...se-may-01-2015

A non restricted version refers to not applying those restrictions on V7 or V8, or removing existing restrictions with V8.

Did adjusting the permissions/properties defaults fix your issue?

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

with the newest update does it as the OS upgrade for csp options??

CSP has been out for all supported Cummins ECM's for quite some time now.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When I open Explorer Icon on the desktop the software window displays the current state of the V2 and contents of the files (tunes) on the controller, above the listed files on the controller are the (tunes) in the last section entry I had open (2005 tunes) in that folder I placed the last created tune file there when saving but it is not present when I open the Explorer window, I used F5 to refresh that open window in an attempt to refresh the entries and possibly make the newly created file appear. Only way I can get it to appear is open My Documents>Program files>Efilive>7.5>Bins>2005 tunes and then copy and paste the file into the file list, of course I can do a drag and drop directly from Bins folder into the controller and not from the list above through Explorer and it copies the file but if I want to make changes to the file and just be able to drag and drop from Explorer file read section I have to copy the file into the list.
    Make any sense?
    The [Refresh] button only refreshes the lower pane, i.e. it only regenerates the list of files by re-querying the attached device.

The F5 hot key works in one of two ways:
    1. If the focus is in the top pane, it refreshes the top pane, i.e. it re-reads the folder from the PC hard drive.
    2. If the focus is in the bottom pane, it does the same as clicking on the [Refresh] button.

So if you want to refresh the top pane (the list of files on your PC), you must click in the top list to give that list focus, then press the F5 hotkey to refresh the contents. Note, refreshing the top pane causes the currently selected "sort by" column to be lost and the pane is refreshed in its default order - so the file you're looking for may not appear in the "sorted" order as expected.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast