Thread: Autocal Windows Driver Search ??

Default Autocal Windows Driver Search ??

Anyone know how to stop Windows from always trying to update the Autocal Driver ??

Windows 7-Ultimate.

It is a not a big deal but every new Autocal I plug into the PC to load the BBX Scripts,etc requires me to stop "Windows" manually from trying to search for and update the driver, if I do not stop Windows it takes 30 seconds to stop on its own.

Its just one extra step I would like to avoid every-time I configure a new Autocal.

Anyone have the answer ??

Thanks in advance.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I'm not sure how to do that Tony, interesting situation though as I suppose Windows thinks it is a new device. Same thing happens on USB memory sticks though, buy a 4 pack of the same brand and Windows will want to install the driver on each one.
    I found this on the internet, might be worth a shot but may also have a negative effect if you tell it not to detect new devices....
    Maybe step 3 is the best option as that will stop it attempting to find the USB driver via Microsoft, instead it will just use the one already installed on the PC therefore might only take a few seconds.

Stop Windows 7 From Installing Device Drivers

However, you can block Windows7 from installing device drivers or permanently hide the device driver installation wizard, by following these simple steps mentioned below:
    1. When you get the prompt to install device drivers, open control panel and go to “Advanced system settings”. Select the hardware tab and select “Device installation settings” Stop Windows7 from installing drivers automatically
    2. Now choose “No let me choose what to do”.
    3. Also select the checkbox “never install driver software from Windows update”, because this will stop windows from downloading device driver updates in the future.
    That’s it, now Windows is configured to not check for available device drivers whenever an external hard drive or a USB drive is plugged into the system (this also includes USB mouse or keyboards).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank You Ross.

It was not always like that, I think when Paul altered the devices to program them "GANG STYLE" is when the issues with driver searching started.

Prior to that change on your end for bulk programming I do not remember it ever doing that.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I think mine has done that for quite some time, but usually it only takes about 4 seconds or so to add the new autocal. Never really had any issues for quite a long time now.

Can't you go into device manager and delete the entry for the AutoCal and let Winders pick it up again and it stop the searching process.
    Use to work on problem items years ago.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .