Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: License removal and transfer to another V2?

You could do a V2 unit to V2 unit transfer and not have a file copied to the com.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    You could do a V2 unit to V2 unit transfer and not have a file copied to the com.
    True, that is an intersting option.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

That could be useful for autocals to v2 also. Say a customer has a tune that was flashed with my v2, then gets a tune for another vehicle and decides to get an autocal or upgrade to a v2. It would be nice to give them the option of moving their original licence from my v2 to their autocal or v2 so they can flash the first vehicle without having to bring it to me.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by WyoFreeride View Post
    That could be useful for autocals to v2 also. Say a customer has a tune that was flashed with my v2, then gets a tune for another vehicle and decides to get an autocal or upgrade to a v2. It would be nice to give them the option of moving their original licence from my v2 to their autocal or v2 so they can flash the first vehicle without having to bring it to me.
    It may defeat the scenario you proposed, because both the FlashScan and the AutoCal would need to be physically present in the same location and connected together to transfer licenses.
    However, I suppose you could do the transfer before sending ther AutoCal to the customer.

Not saying any of this will eventually happen, but it is something I will investigate further.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

I own 2 V2 efilives,, the older one only can tune pcm that works on serial data as the LS1,,cause i plugged the v2 on a car that the wires on the obd2 where wrong,, so i use my other v2 for both serial and canbus cars, but sometimes customers return to do some upgrades on their cars and i cant use the older v2 that was licensed to those cars, can efilive remove all the married vins i have on the older v2 and put them on my newer v2 so i can tune only with the newer?

Yes we can do that but it will require that you send the newer (working) V2 back to EFILive in Auckland NZ as well as sending the license backup file from the older (faulty) V2.
    That service is called a "License Recovery" and can be purchased here: http://www.efilive.com/services/lice...covery-service

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12