Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serial Logging with Innovate LC-2, DLG-1, and MTX-D

Question Serial Logging with Innovate LC-2, DLG-1, and MTX-D

Ok, I've been tinkering with my V2 for several years. Mainly using it for uploading tunes and BBX my HPDE sessions. With the new build I am adding the Innovate LC-2, DLG-1, and MTX-D to the car. I'm hoping to connect them all and log using the V2 RJ12 connection. I think I understand the wiring configuration for the molex to RJ-12 from another post here. What I am not sure of is the wiring to run these in series and log all the inputs if that is even possible. So I guess my first question is can this be done and if so how? My second question is anyone making these cables for purchase? Thanks in advance for the help!

Travis

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I think if you daisy chained the serial connection to FlashScan last then FlashScan would still log the LC-2 wide band data. I'm not sure if FlashScan will see/process/log the data from the DLG-1, FlashScan has never been set up to communicate with the DLG-1

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I think if you daisy chained the serial connection to FlashScan last then FlashScan would still log the LC-2 wide band data. I'm not sure if FlashScan will see/process/log the data from the DLG-1, FlashScan has never been set up to communicate with the DLG-1

Regards
    Paul
    I would think the DLG-1 data output would be the same as the LC-2 (I'll have to ask Innovate) since the DLG-1 is simply the gauge displaying the data from LC-2 sensor on one bank and the DLG-1 sensor on the other (both Bosch 4.9). The question is how do I get both banks to communicate with the V2 through the serial port? As for the MTX-D it seems my only option there is to connect it via analog then? I'm trying to make sure I am collecting all my available data in one location simultaneously. Might be harder than I was expecting though.

Does anyone offer a pre-made cable to connect from the Innovate Molex out to the V2 RJ12? Thanks.

Travis

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

AKM Cables used to make them but I'm pretty sure the guy that was making them is no longer doing that.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'm using the DLG-1 with LC2. I have connected my V2 to the DLG-1 serial out port, set the V2 to Innovate and to display both and it works fine. It displays both channels in real time with no problem at all.

I am using the null modem option, but in the pinned post there is enough info there to make your own 4pin molex to RJ12.

I should have updated the post. I've got it working with the FSV2 in BBX logging but not with the computer and Scan 7.5. For some reason the data won't show there.

Quote Originally Posted by tadams72 View Post
    I should have updated the post. I've got it working with the FSV2 in BBX logging but not with the computer and Scan 7.5. For some reason the data won't show there.
    That makes two of us. After I posted above, I tried to log using Scan 7.5 and the data will not come up. Anyone have any idea why not?

Are you selecting the pids EXT.WO2xxx...?

In V8 S&T goto Devices -> Logging and checkmark Automatically Select All External Digital Pids

and then Program this into your V2.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Are you selecting the pids EXT.WO2xxx...?

In V8 S&T goto Devices -> Logging and checkmark Automatically Select All External Digital Pids

and then Program this into your V2.
    I was using the right PIDs but I did not have the check mark selected in V8 you suggested so I'll try that next time. Thanks Joe!

Please also take a look at post #86 here: LC-2-Digital-Wideband-anyone-try-it-out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast