Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    FWIW we have a Surface 3 here running EFILive on Windows 10 with no problems at all.
    I have 3 machines here, used to work fine before updating from windows 7. Prior to the last EFILive update...the V8 software would just lock up, now I get the access violation...literally 98 times out of 100. Basically making it unusable. All 3 act the same way...different brand laptops and different processors.

Are there any official words from company?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Are there any official words from company?
    EFILive is supported on Windows 10.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers?
    To do that, use the EFILive V8 USB Manager program:
    1. Disconnect all EFILive devices.
    2. Click the [Uninstall USB Drivers] button. Wait for them to be uninstalled.
    3. Then click the [Install USB V2.08.28] drivers. Wait for them to be installed.
    4. Connect one EFILive device and wait for the driver installation to complete - it may take a while if Windows decied to go esearch the Windows Driver Database online. You can cancel that if you wish, EFILive's USB drivers are not available in the Windows Driver Database.

You may also need to switch off "USB xHCI" in your PC BIOS.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    EFILive is supported on Windows 10.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers?
    To do that, use the EFILive V8 USB Manager program:
    1. Disconnect all EFILive devices.
    2. Click the [Uninstall USB Drivers] button. Wait for them to be uninstalled.
    3. Then click the [Install USB V2.08.28] drivers. Wait for them to be installed.
    4. Connect one EFILive device and wait for the driver installation to complete - it may take a while if Windows decied to go esearch the Windows Driver Database online. You can cancel that if you wish, EFILive's USB drivers are not available in the Windows Driver Database.

You may also need to switch off "USB xHCI" in your PC BIOS.

Regards
    Paul
    Here is what I have tried. Installing the latest software on two different machines (as well as updating the one I was using). I am getting a access violation when I try to open a calibration to get ready to flash.

I uninstalled and cleaned up both versions (left from windows 7) and reinstalled both 7.5 and 8 on top of Windows 10. My problem resolved, communication established.

fyi
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S. View Post
    Here is what I have tried. Installing the latest software on two different machines (as well as updating the one I was using). I am getting a access violation when I try to open a calibration to get ready to flash.
    When you say latest software do you mean the public release software from our web site, or the pre-release from our forum?
    I highly recommend using the pre-release from here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

If you are using that version and that version gives an access violation:
    1. When exactly does the error happen? When you open the *.ctz file? When you click the [Cal Flash] button?
    2. Does it happen with any *.ctz file or just that particular file? (If its just that particular file, can you please send me that file).
    3. Does it happen when you attempt to load a file for a different controller type? Or attempt to flash a different controller type?

One other thing to try is this:
    Uninstall the V8 software, then delete the entire V8 installation folder and everything inside it: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8.
    You may need adminstrator priviliges to delete the folder and its contents.
    Then re-install the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; August 25th, 2015 at 08:13 AM. Reason: I can't spell

I used today's PUBLIC pre-release in the download section, I think it was Aug 13. good outcome.
    Custom Tuning Services

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    When you say latest software do you mean the public release software from our web site, or the pre-release from our forum?
    I highly recommend using the pre-release from here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

If you are using that version and that version gives an access violation:
    1. When exactly does the error happen? When you open the *.ctz file? When you click the [Cal Flash] button?
    2. Does it happen with any *.ctz file or just that particular file? (If its just that particular file, can you please send me that file).
    3. Does it happen when you attempt to load a file for a different controller type? Or attempt to flash a different controller type?

One other thing to try is this:
    Uninstall the V8 software, then delete the entire V8 installation folder and everything inside it: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8.
    You may need adminstrator priviliges to delete the folder and its contents.
    Then re-install the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul
    It's the Release off of the site, not the forum.
    I get the error when I try to open the cal file in preperation for flashing.
    I am only working with the E92 controller at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by garrettg.bpd View Post
    I upgraded to windows 10. I modified and saved a tune file after upgrading. now when I try to open it I get this.Attachment 18706
    I am having the same problem running under Windows 10. Every file I modified causes that message when I try to open it under V8. Each of those files can be opened under V7.5.

Please share your solution.

Quote Originally Posted by gaduser View Post
    I am having the same problem. Every file I modified causes that message when I try to open it under V8. Each of those files can be opened under V7.5.

Please share your solution.
    Make sure both your V7.5 and V8 software is up to date. Download and install the latest pre-release from here:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

After installing V8, run it and click on the [Check Firmware] button to ensure the firmware and config files on FlashScan/AutoCal are up to date.

When you check the Help->About in the V7 tune software it should show build 293
    When you check the [About] button in the V8 scan&tune software it should show build 286

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast