Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Aug 13, 2015 Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Aug 13, 2015 Public Pre-Release

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the August 07, 2015 Public Pre-Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the current/stable release software here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    Download the public pre-release software here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

Public pre-release software versions:

• Software: V7.5.7.291
    • Software: V8.2.2.284
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.89

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    EFILive_Explorer.exe reports incompatible version with EFILive_Hapi.exe.
    Workaround:
    Download and install Update 1.

Issue 3:
    Changing the units of any PID in the V8 chart display to something other than the default metric units does not result in the PID being displayed in the selected units. Instead the PID remains displayed using its default metric units.
    Workaround:
    None, will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 4:
    After right-clicking on a Scan Item entry in the [F5: BBX] window and changing the controller type so that the new controller type does not support one or more of the previous controller's selected PIDs, the software may fail with an access violation.
    Workaround:
    Don't change the controller type, instead create a new entry for the new controller type and then delete the entry for the old controller type. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 5:
    The "Remote Key" setting is ignored for the following controllers: E37, E67, AL5.
    Workaround:
    None. Will be fixed in the next update.

Last edited by Blacky; August 27th, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

What is the differance between current/stable release and public prelease and which one sould I be using to update with? I noticed last month that I was unable to edit the A8/T87 with the public prelease but downloaded the current/stable and was able to.

Thanks
    Mike

Lifetime Member

V7.5 will not allow EDA pids to be selected for a CMD controller. I have tried selecting the controller from file menu prior to loading a log file. The EDA group is shown, I can select it, a window pops up telling me some PIDs are invalid. Select anyways and the proper PIDs are now listed but X'd out.

Not sure if it matters, BBX logs from latest firmware from AUG 7th pre-release. Updated to todays AUG 13th V7.5 scan tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    What is the differance between current/stable release and public prelease and which one sould I be using to update with? I noticed last month that I was unable to edit the A8/T87 with the public prelease but downloaded the current/stable and was able to.

Thanks
    Mike
    The latest pre-release has the latest updates/changes and may contain "known issues" that could cause problems for some users. If you need the latest features and you are confident of working around the known issues until we get them fixed (usually they get fixed within a few days) then you can/should use the pre-release.

The public release on our forum is a stable version that does not change week to week. It is for customers who do not need the latest and greatest features and who don't want to concern themselves with the latest and greatest "known issues".

The current pre-release is nearing the stage where it will be promoted to the full public release. That should happen in the next week or two.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    V7.5 will not allow EDA pids to be selected for a CMD controller. I have tried selecting the controller from file menu prior to loading a log file. The EDA group is shown, I can select it, a window pops up telling me some PIDs are invalid. Select anyways and the proper PIDs are now listed but X'd out.

Not sure if it matters, BBX logs from latest firmware from AUG 7th pre-release. Updated to todays AUG 13th V7.5 scan tool.
    Investigating...
    Regards
    Paul

I have updated to the stable release and am no longer able to open the attached file. And attached a screen shot of error message.

Thanks
    Mike

Edit: Tried on another laptop using v8 2.2.280 and it opened it.
    Edit 2 Went back to the pre- release and working now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	291 
Size:	332.4 KB 
ID:	18709  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Road; August 14th, 2015 at 06:13 AM. Reason: update

Lifetime Member

Likely that file was opened with a newer pre-release software and saved causing it to not allow your previous #'d stable release to open said file.

Edit: Scratch that. I just tried with Aug 13th pre-release and got the same thing.

EDIT#2: I am sorry, apparently need to drink some coffee this morning. This PC was not updated to latest V8, upon updating to V8.2.2.284 (Aug 13th Pre-release) I was able to open this file for flashing.
    Last edited by SASDakota; August 14th, 2015 at 01:45 AM.

Default $0030 HAPI error

Anyone else getting an EFILive Explorer error $0030 (The application and EFILive_Hapi versions are not compatible) after updating to the August 13th release?
    Last edited by jrh; August 14th, 2015 at 03:53 AM. Reason: typo
    Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Quote Originally Posted by jrh View Post
    Anyone else getting an EFILive Explorer error $0030 (The application and EFILive_Hapi versions are not compatible) after updating to the August 13th release?
    I'm having customers calling in with this issue also.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Im having this issue i called ATP yesterday, i was told they hadn't seen this issue before to contact efi live directly. Which i did and it really wasn't help yet. I tried 3 different computers all with the same results.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast