Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing new E38,67, or 92 computer

Default Flashing new E38,67, or 92 computer

I want to replace the computer that came in my car. I have a new computer but am not sure how to flash it with the software found in the original computer without going to the dealer. Any help will be appreciated :-)
    LBL866

You will need access to TIS and a tech 2 or a mongoose cable.
    99 Z28 Camaro|LS1 Heads & cam Tuned by LSX Power Tuning
    2003 CC Duramax Dually|19.5 w/245/70/19.5|Tuned by LSX Power Tuning|5in exhaust
    2009 G8 GT Vararam CAI|Tuned by LSX Power Tuning|GXP Mufflers|Custom System
    2006 CTS-V K&N CAI|OBX Headers|Cammed LS3|Tuned by LSX Power Tuning|

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    You will need access to TIS and a tech 2 or a mongoose cable.
    Ok, you lost me with the TIS or the Mongoose cable??? I have access to a Tech 2 but please explain the what and where for the other two :-)
    LBL866

Mongoose cable is just a cheaper OBD-II to USB option for flashing ECM's with the factory/dealer software for any car company. TIS2WEB is the GM online subscription service that allows you to flash any GM controller with stock tunes based on the VIN, you can use your TechII with that although they obsoleted the TechII quite a while ago now so I am not sure it actually works with late ECM's like the E92.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mongoose cable is just a cheaper OBD-II to USB option for flashing ECM's with the factory/dealer software for any car company. TIS2WEB is the GM online subscription service that allows you to flash any GM controller with stock tunes based on the VIN, you can use your TechII with that although they obsoleted the TechII quite a while ago now so I am not sure it actually works with late ECM's like the E92.
    Thank you. I found the site but did not put any numbers just yet. If I were to get my hands on the Mongoose cable is is possible to use the information found by downloading the current info from the stock computer into EFI Live then up loading to the new ECM, or is there more information that will not pass-thru the EFI Live software? I can get this done at the dealer but I am trying to stay off the GM Radar :-)
    LBL866

The issue is there is portions of the ECM that only GM has access to, their system is the only one that will program those sections and on new ECM's that are blank. Then you need the ECM linked to your car (again TIS), plus various other setups needs to be done on a new ECM (some can be done via the EFILive Scantool). Either way the ECM's track mileage these days so swapping back your original ECM isn't going to disguise anything if they look hard enough.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.

If you do anything like this, stay away from the dealer, do not even think of making any warranty claims ever (even for stuff not related to powertrain), because now not only will GM detect "tampering" and squeeze you thru their legal copyright wringer, but the EPA may also want a word with you (not to mention if you live in CA).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you do anything like this, stay away from the dealer, do not even think of making any warranty claims ever (even for stuff not related to powertrain), because now not only will GM detect "tampering" and squeeze you thru their legal copyright wringer, but the EPA may also want a word with you (not to mention if you live in CA).
    From your message, I assume you know that the mileage is being recorded in the ECM and that GM can see it when they connect and look with a Tech II or some new device if not the Tech II. Please confirm my suspicion as you have the time
    LBL866

Quote Originally Posted by lbl866@aol.com View Post
    From your message, I assume you know that the mileage is being recorded in the ECM and that GM can see it when they connect and look with a Tech II or some new device if not the Tech II. Please confirm my suspicion as you have the time
    Yes, ECM records odometer mileage as do some of the other modules.

u can also program gm stuff via tis2web using a tactrix cable. I use one all the time to do module programming.

biggest problem is getting tis2web to work with your computer and they don't officially support windows 10 yet... but I managed to get it to work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast