Thread: Need help!

Default Need help!

i have a lb7 and im wondering how to change my tunes on a edge cs, and what program to use
    2003 LB7 duramax
    6'' pro-comp long arm lift
    35''/75/R17 good-year MT/R's

Change A0146 to serial data, flash it in, and the edge should see it and allow you to switch tunes.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

im really new to this stuff ive only worked on carburators i need more details or a link to a video i actually no idea about this stuff
    2003 LB7 duramax

Lifetime Member

and tune "Efi Live on in the edge menu.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Did you make your tunes? If not,your going to need a reflash to make it happen. Unless your programming was set up for it already.

Just reread your post. What programming are you wanting to use? Edge or the dsp5 function with efi live?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmax View Post
    Just reread your post. What programming are you wanting to use? Edge or the dsp5 function with efi live?
    I've got the edge cs and I've got the efi live setup on my laptop but will I still have to buy the flashscan or is there a way to do it with just my programmer, reason I want to change it is the guy before me put a stupid smoke tune on it
    2003 LB7 duramax

Yes you would still need the v2 to program the ecm. Or try to find someone with a v2, and just pay for the tuning license. A license can only be used by one V2, but once the vehicle is licensed you can reprogram it as many times as you wish. While using the original V2

So if you use someone else's, then buy your own. You'll need to relicense your vehicle to your v2. Hope this helps