Thread: New to the LBZ game

Default New to the LBZ game

Just picked up a good tow rig, going to use it to haul my cars around ect. Not looking to make it super fast, but pulling the most of a setup is kinda my thing. Plus it will need to still be able to haul.

Plans so far, keep the stock turbo
    Add a fass 150 ti setup
    Mbrp 4 inch exhaust

I have the efi live setup from tuning my ls1 cars and to be honest I never became very good at it then. Setting up pids, and configuring the thing to read what I needed was far more time consuming than just pulling in my HPT setup, and I ended up going that route with most of the ls1 stuff. But seems this efi live system might just come in handy now, after spending time on the shelf.

I have gone through the startup guide and it seems like the new download, the V8 stuff, isn't fully up and running yet? Or am I missing something? Everything seems to be focused on using the older 7.5 system. Also if anyone had the location of where I could look at other people's tunes with similar setups, that helped me a great deal with tuning the ls1, so I could see what changes everyone else made, and then follow that as a guidline.. not to be mistaken as just downloading someone else's tune, and hoping it works.. that's like the blind leading the blind.. not a good deal..

Thanks in advance, and I hope to be enjoying the dirtymax more in the next few weeks.

Well, to add some more info, I have started looking into the stock file. From this point I am just looking to free up some of the potential already inside this motor. My first question is Max Tq VS RPM.. what's the general consensus on these settings. I would normally max them out, and just let the motor do what it wants.. but like I said, I am very new to this Duramax tuning, so I want to ask before I go crazy.

Truck currently is bone stock, with a magnaflow 5 inch exhaust.