Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: convert Diesel ally tune to gas Q's

WEEEEEEEEE. hehe I gave up on this thread. Yea I wanted to slap in the ally behind my gasser untill I was ready to do the swap of the diesel. Eric had told me a long while ago the 07 just needed the transfer case module wires swapped around and cluster data lines corrected. Id have to look up the pm from DP. I screwed the pooch I guess and now I got an 800 pullout and need a 900. so whats different on the engine ? wiring and ecm? could I just get the harness and ecm or re flash my ecm? FFS i was all ready to go buy another LBZ from a semi burnt 06 and get cracking next weekend. BTW I do have efi live. Hmm make it stand alone? I dont remember my truck having stabilitrac unless its in all burbs my year.

Edit:
    So then I have the entire pullout of the classic. What Do I need to convert it to new style? eng harness, Glow plug module, Ecm, Anyone with a list? Ill hit up the yards and buy what I need and maybe sell off what I got wrong. I found a few new style eng harnesses for 200. I got the entire 07 pullout for 2500 so Im not at a total loss
    Last edited by Madspeed; September 18th, 2015 at 04:14 PM.
    1972 Chevy Blazer, Twin Turbo Duramax 6.6
    69 Maro TT 427 LSX, Wayne due Vett frnt sub,
    Lateral Dynamics 3 link rear, D 60,
    T56, 18X10' 18X12 Boze Forged Speedsters,
    13" wilwood 6 pot fronts 13" wilwood 4 pot rears,
    (all Still under construction)

You will need the engine harness, ECM, and GPCM. The ECm itself is different as well as the GPCM, and the harness is different on LMM's. I believe most all the sensors on the engine itself are the same except for 07-08's which used 2 coolant sensors. If you go emissions legal(I DOUBT you would), you would also have to swap the EGR cooler and EGR valve. Also the heater tubes are different on an LMM as they get there feed from down by the oil cooler at the elbow that feeds coolant to the rear of the engine, and I'm not sure how the return works(I believe they go fro mthe heater core back to the engine on LMM's). The tuning will have to be tweeked as LBZ injectors are 7 hole instead of 6, and flow slightly more fuel. The reason for the LBZ not working is most everything uses CAN bus in a GMT-900, but GMT-800 only used CAN for ECM, TCM, GPCM, and BCM as the translator. I know a few have done LMM to LBZ, so you may be able to find soembody willing to swap you harness's and such doing an LMM to LBZ swap.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12