Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sep 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Sep 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Release Notes:
    Whats New

IMPORTANT
    The Auto-Lock implementation for E39, E92 and E98 controllers requires that tuners and customers upgrade their AutoCal and FlashScan firmware to V2.07.86 or later. The upgrade is required to prevent *.ctz and *.coz tune files created using this pre-release (or later) from being used with older software or firmware.

Tuners: If you update your software and firmware and attempt to deliver new tune files to your customers, then your customers must also update to the following versions (or later):

• V7.5 Software: V7.5.7, Build 288
    • V8 Software: V8.2.2, Build 281

or they will not be able to flash those new tune files. Existing/old tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Existing tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Known Issues
    Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues thread.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 293
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 286
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.91 (Sep 08, 2015
    )
    To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; October 28th, 2015 at 08:23 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

When closing the tunetool I see several popups saying this:

---------------------------
    EFILive Tune - Digital tools for onboard vehicle electronics
    System Error. Code: 1400.

Invalid window handle.
    OK

To reproduce, you have to view some number of tables, then close tunetool.
    Last edited by joecar; September 12th, 2015 at 08:03 AM.

The black box feature is still not working. I have only tried it on LS1B. I am sort of surprised that people don't use or want this feature. Why lug around a laptop with you to read or flash in tunes with you all the time. You would be surprised how many potential customers turn into customers just because of that feature. Before I could meet someone when I have just my V2 with me and tell them I will download their tune for free, and adjust the tune at my leisure. Next time I bump into them just say if you want it, it is all done, it will only take a few minutes.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

I have it working on LS1B...

did you also update the V2 firmware...?
    did you also update the BBx config...?

Firmware I believe is updated it is currently 2.07.91. I'm not sure how to update the BBX config. I do have everything ticked for LS1B. I can still log data, I just can't upload and download tunes. I get error $0333. The only way I can upload or download a tune is to use V8 and tick Try Alt Keys., and Assume Lock May Be Faulty.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTASBC View Post
    Firmware I believe is updated it is currently 2.07.91. I'm not sure how to update the BBX config. I do have everything ticked for LS1B. I can still log data, I just can't upload and download tunes. I get error $0333. The only way I can upload or download a tune is to use V8 and tick Try Alt Keys., and Assume Lock May Be Faulty.
    Sounds like the LS1B controller has a damaged seed/key combo. When managing remote customers with an LS1 with a faulty seed/key, you can bypass the faulty seed/key combo when flashing the controller using BBX by setting the [Remote Control] options as shown below. Those settings are stored in the file and are only used for that single file. Because those settings are stored in a tune file they can't be used for reading a controller.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sshot-4.png 
Views:	436 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	18841

If you want to fix the seed/key (and I recommend that you do), then you need to use V8 pass-thru reading/flashing:

1. Read the tune from the PCM (with the "Try Alt Keys" and Assume Lock May be Faulty" options checked) or open a file that matches the OS in your PCM.
    2. "Save As..." the file with the name "Unlock.ctz".
    3. Check the "AutoLock" option on the [Security Restrictions] tab page.
    4. "Save As..." the file with the name "Lock". You muct have your FlashScan connected when saving any file with any security restriction active.
    5. Cal-flash the Lock.ctz file (with the "Try Alt Keys" and Assume Lock May Be Faulty" options checked). That will set the seed/key to a custom seed/key combo.
    6. Cal-flash the Unlock.ctz file (with the "Try Alt Keys" and Assume Lock May Be Faulty" options un-checked). That will reset the seed/key to a stock seed/key combo.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

So was this issue related specifically to JUSTASBC?

I have an HPDE coming up and I'll need to BBX my LS1B. But I also have some data files I need to go through before that track day to modify the tune and issues with B276 makes it tough. So I'm stuck, do I struggle through B276 or update to B286?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CR500 View Post
    So was this issue related specifically to JUSTASBC?

I have an HPDE coming up and I'll need to BBX my LS1B. But I also have some data files I need to go through before that track day to modify the tune and issues with B276 makes it tough. So I'm stuck, do I struggle through B276 or update to B286?

Thanks
    Yes, specific to him.

To update the software/firmware, the steps are fairly easy:
    1. install V7,
    2. install V8,
    3. start V8 S&T and click Check Firmware, the rest is fairly obvious (if the firmware needs updating you will see a button "Update Firmware", click it),
    4. and it also shows you if the V2/BBx config files need updating (you will see a button to update the files).

To configure V2 BBx: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch
    Last edited by joecar; September 19th, 2015 at 10:18 AM.

Good deal.

I'll try B286 tomorrow and see if it works with my calc pids. I'm already set up for BBX so as long as it doesn't get screwed up I'm good to go.

Paul,

Thank you, I will try that later today. I never had an issue until I updated everything earlier this year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast