Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sep 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    There is either a mis-configuration in either EFILive's PID configuration for that PID, or GM is being inconsistent in its use/definition of that PID. It is defined as a 16-bit wide field in EFILive's software. However the trace shows that your ECM is only returning an 8-bit field. If all E86 controllers return an 8-bit field, then EFILive's config is wrong and we'll fix it asap. I.e. if all E86 controllers cannot log that PID using EFILive BBL then we have probably got it wrong and need to fix it. If one or more E86 controllers can log that PID using EFILive's BBL then we'll have to make a special hybrid definition of both 8 and 16-bits.

Have you successfully logged that same PID on any other E86 platform? If so what operating system number was that?

Regards
    Paul
    No.
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Just to update this. I can still not flash in or read a tune with my V2 in my truck. It appears this might be something to do with my truck or the tune. I am able to flash in tunes in another LS1B without problems. I'm stumped on this one.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTASBC View Post
    Just to update this. I can still not flash in or read a tune with my V2 in my truck. It appears this might be something to do with my truck or the tune. I am able to flash in tunes in another LS1B without problems. I'm stumped on this one.
    Did you disable the modules that want to claim the bus during PCM flashing...?

Can your PCM be bench flashed...?

I'm not sure how to do that. Everything worked fine before I updated earlier this year.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

When you try to read/flash, can you copy the console text log and paste it here...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

How are you attempting to read the PCM in your truck?

• V7 pass-thru
    • V8 pass-thru
    • FlashScan BBR standalone

I recommend using V8 pass-thru to try and read the truck and if/when it fails, please locate the matching LS1 trace file that gets created in this folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace and send it to me at paul@efilive.com. Include a link to this thread so I know what its about.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paste & multiply by custom percent is messed up. It pastes and multiplies by percentage of the actual cell Value and not the BEN percentage.
    For instance a cell set at 100 with a BEN of 1.08 applied with a custom percentage of 90% will become 97.1276. Lowering the value not raising.
    This occurs in all VE tables.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Paste & multiply by custom percent is messed up. It pastes and multiplies by percentage of the actual cell Value and not the BEN percentage.
    For instance a cell set at 100 with a BEN of 1.08 applied with a custom percentage of 90% will become 97.1276. Lowering the value not raising.
    This occurs in all VE tables.
    Use "Paste error correction" when pasting BEN factors. The error correction correctly applies the BEN factor.

Regards
    Paul

The "Paste error correction" options are not yet documented in the V7 manual. I'll try and explain them here.

"Paste and multiply (X%)" means that the data in the cell is modified to be:
    [cell value]*[clipboard value]*X/100
    You can set a custom % value at the bottom of the Properties->[Options] tab page.

The options named "Paste error correction" are used when pasting data that represents an error correction ratio. An error correction ratio is a value that lies between 0 and 2 with 1 as the neutral point. Values between 0 and 1 are negative corrections, values between 1 and 2 are positive corrections. It is most useful if/when you are logging data using a calculated PID (i.e. BEN factor PIDs) where the calculated PID outputs a ratio between 0 and 2 (lambda is one such ratio).

For example when calibrating the VE tables, it is useful to generate a scan tool map the same shape/size as the VE table, filled with BEN factors which are logged based on the ratio of the commanded AFR v's recorded wideband AFR. A BEN factor of 0.9 represents a required negative correction of 10%. And conversely a BEN factor of 1.25 is a positive correction factor of 25%.

Before the "Paste Error Correction" option existed, customers would just use the "Paste and multiply" options to paste the BEN factor error corrections into the VE table. That worked well when the user did not attempt to apply any percentage weight to the correction. However, some customers requested the ability to apply the percentage weight to the BEN factors when pasting them into the calibration to prevent overshooting the optimal result. So the "Paste error correction" options were added along with a different (but correct) way to apply the percentage weight. The percentage weight is intelligently applied to the correction factor with respect to the direction of the correction. Error corrections are always modified towards 1, correction values less than 1 are increased by the percentage weight and correction values greater than 1 are reduced by the percentage weight.

"Paste error correction (X%)" means that the data in the cell is modified to be:
    [cell value]*(1.0+(([clipboard]-1.0)*X/100)).

Pasting an error correction value of 0.9 (without any % correction, i.e. with X=100) into a cell that already contains the value 123.45 would result in a new cell value of
    123.45*(1.0+((0.9-1.0)*100/100))=111.11
    So (as everyone does and as I did when I first designed the software) you may ask what's the difference between "Paste error correction" and "Paste and multiply". In the above example, nothing. But watch what happens when you start to apply percentage weights to the paste operation.

Say you wanted to use a 50% modifier to only apply half the weight of the clipboard correction data (i.e. X=50). What we are really asking for is to reduce the calibration value by 50% of the 0.9 error correction value that is on the clipboard. Remember 0.9 on the clipboard is an error correction of negative 10%. In other words what we are ultimately asking for is a reduction of 5% of the value in that cell.

Using the Paste and multiply way: [cell value]*[clipboard value]*X/100
    123.45*0.9*50/100 = 55.55 (which is not a 5% reduction).

Using the Paste error correction way: [cell value]*(1.0+(([clipboard]-1.0)*X/100)).
    123.45*(1.0+((0.9-1.0)*50/100))
    123.45*(1.0+(-0.1*50/100))
    123.45*(1.0+ -0.05)
    123.45 * 0.95 = 117.28 (which is a drop of 5% from the original value).
    Notice how in the above example the error correction of 0.9 (i.e. negative 10%) was effectively halved to 0.95 (negative 5%) because the requested percentage weight was 50%.

Note:
    The "Paste error correction" options ignore any values coming from the clipboard that are not in the range 0..2, the corresponding cell in the calibration is not modified.

Hope that helps to clear up any concerns over the different paste methods.
    Regards
    Paul

Thanks for clarifying that Paul. I hadn't noticed the paste error correction before. So used to doing it the old way.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast