Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 06 gto bolt on tuning

Default 06 gto bolt on tuning

Car has a ls2 with the e40. Cold air intake and long tube headers. After getting the maf tuned in via wide band the calc air per cylinder is down to like .65-68 grams per cylinder at wot. Which is now making the timing table messed up. Also when I'm logging the ap cyl e40 pid it will not transfer over to the tune tool when high lighting the log in areas. Rpm is there but grams/cylinder just sits at 1.00 regardless of what they scan shows it is. I don't think the issue is the maf sensor but possibly the intake. It was really rich on the bottom end and top end. Prior to any tuning he had the p0172 and p0175 codes

Cold air inductions intake and kooks headers

Make sure that the scantool Data tab shows Metric units for the air/cyl pid.

Post tune file (with uncorrected MAF) and log file.

Which wideband are you using.

Did you measure his rail pressure...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post tune file (with uncorrected MAF) and log file.

Which wideband are you using.

Did you measure his rail pressure...?
    My ntk afrm. No I didn't log fuel psi. Iat sensor was getting heat soaked and I guess that is a common problem. Even though I tamed that iat spark modifier table down. The car doesn't like much more than 21° of timing which seems really bizarre. I cannot make any changes to the air per cyl pid for the e40. I even logged the same maf and the calc air per cyl and they matched up but still running pretty low

Post a log and tune file.

Log_0137.efiJOSH06GTO_MODIFIED_STOCKPULSES_mafonlyCL0002.ctzJOSH06GTO_STOCK.ctz

Ive included one log in CL after making some adjustments to the maf curve with some wot pulls, adjustments were made in open loop first. Short term fuel trims are on and long terms are off. Ive also included the stock tune. The car definitely needs to have the iat relocated somewhere else on the cold air intake because once its warm it stays quite warm. See what you think? I have tons of logs and several revisions of this car so Im going off of the times I did them. Car seems to run alright and I do see it has some burst knock going on, but I left them tables alone, some of the knock does look like true knock. Ambient temps during most of the tuning were in the upper 80s. He claimed its running on shell premium gas. This car has a new maf and front 02s aswell

I logged his buddys car which is the same but cammed and an auto trans, his car is running 27 degrees of timing and zero knock and he had the car tuned at a shop near by, only thing that is strange about his car is its a stock ve table and only the high freq table of the maf curve has been altered. dynamic airflow settings are the same as stock which also kinda blows my mind. fuel trims looked acceptable and pe is leaned out to .855 lambda but I couldn't verify that is where its actually running. Still absolutely zero knock on it and his burst knock was zeroed out. Cam in this car is in the 230s for duration and lift near .600" with like a 113 lsa, I don't recall the advance ground in the cam but I know its more than 2 degrees.

Also I found out the car has ngk TR6 plugs in it and it should have the hotter tr5s in it, still don't explain the knock but maybe why it was rich

After looking display units in the tune, it doesn't specify anything for the col table in the high octane spark table. thinking that's why it wont show logged data

Quote Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
    After looking display units in the tune, it doesn't specify anything for the col table in the high octane spark table. thinking that's why it wont show logged data
    B5101 column units are already Mertic, and shows horizontal axis link pid being GM.APCYL_E40_DMA, is this what you see...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast