Thread: Pulling timing on the 2 step

Default Pulling timing on the 2 step

What are you guys doing for an antilag?
    I'm thinking if I change the base spark closed throttle threshold{B5916} to <100% and and base spark vehicle speed threshold{B5917} to <1 mph then I should be able to pull a bunch of timing out on the transbrake. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm pretty sure that's how it's going to work.
    Big question is, what is the downside to doing this? Obviously it will be going off the main spark table not the base spark table when basically decellerating, but I don't see an issue unless there is a multiplier in there that will mess up the whole equation.

I've also heard of pulling timing using the TCS, if that works better then great. I wouldn't know how to do that though.

Thanks
    Kris

Anyone?

let us know if you try it
    9.8@150 . LQ4 Turbonetics Billet 7575@18psi, 6 speed, non-intercooled with meth. Speed Density, open loop, no PE.

Messed with it on a couple cars. With the meth spraying the cars would spool like crazy, could literally build boost without being in gear or on the transbrake pretty quickly. But as soon as you started to leave, the car would bog down(probably due to the overload of meth). With meth off it didn't really build any boost.

With the car in gear loading the converter, as soon as you pulled timing(no meth obviously) the car would bog down and lose rpm/boost/power etc. That car in question has too tight of a converter anyways. On the tbrake it would start loading at about 2400 rpm but the 2 step is at 3200 so it has to push through the converter as it's building boost. Takes forever to spool, we could probably get that little motor to start making boost at 2400 but I guaranteee it won't be much and the car won't go anywhere when it leaves. The new converter is getting built soon though so that issue should hopefully be resolved and we can play with it more.

you must be spraying meth pre-turbo if its effecting spool ?
    9.8@150 . LQ4 Turbonetics Billet 7575@18psi, 6 speed, non-intercooled with meth. Speed Density, open loop, no PE.

No, after the turbo. It's the extra fuel that is helping. We did notice running water meth on one of the cars(not pulling any timing) while on the two step the car would faceplant leaving, but running straight methanol the that did not happen anymore. And the water/meth was 1 10 gallon nozzle and straight meth is 2 10 gallon nozzles, the water may have had something to do with it :shrug:

BTW that car in question is a non-intercooled lq4 rx7 lol
    Cyiphers

I would REALLY like to see the nitrous monitor tables changed just a little so we can pull timing all the way to the hard limit instead of just -20 deg. This would allow us to choose a launch rpm by where the timing is pulled and also adjust fuel. I wouldn't think it would be that hard for that to be changed...