Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E67 ECU can not be read or written.

Default E67 ECU can not be read or written.

We tuned this vehicle (2012 CTS-V) back in December. We converted the vehicle to a dual map operating system so that the customer could run both 91 octane pump gas and E85. We had no issues reading or writing the controller at that time. The vehicle has returned for a retune due to some parts being changed. Now we can not read or write the controller, using either V 7.5 or V 8. We have noticed that the controller serial number has been corrupted. Attached are screenshots of the error messages and the corrupted serial number screen. Any ideas on how to rectify the problem? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bootloader.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	16462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conditions.JPG 
Views:	316 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	16463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serial.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	16464  

When was the screen shot of the corrupted serial number taken?
    At some point that ECM has had the wrong year model OS flashed in to it (BTW, not possible with EFILive).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

All screenshots taken today.The original dual map flash is from a 2011 CTS-V. The original file from this vehicle did not support dual map conversion. We did use EFI Live to flash this vehicle using a full operating system flash.

What was your original OS and what is in it now?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Original operating System 12635457.
    New operating System 22632176.

Yes, completely incompatible, I'm not sure how you would have got the tune in there because EFILive would not have allowed it.

Any way to recover this ECU given the known facts?

No sorry, once corrupted it stays that way, no programming tool (including TIS) programs that section of the ECM.
    That mismatch OS programming check has been in the EFILive software for a long time now. We used to allow people to bypass the check, however that was stopped too sometime ago because it was inevitable what was going to happen.
    At minimum you would have seen a warning? Or was TIS used to put it back to the earlier OS?

Wow, we've done a number of cars where there was no dual map support. So we backdated the ECU to an older dual map supported OS. First time we did it, we got the warning, but the customer was insistent that we try. We did, and it worked fine. We've never had a corruption problem up until now, and when programming this unit, we flashed it a number of times while tuning after the OS change without issue.

So, I guess the question is now, will you guys ever be offering dual map support on the later E67 ECUs? I saw someone had asked that a year or so ago but doesn't seem like anything was ever resolved.

We tried doing it for a 2013 Camaro ZL1 OS (12653669) but it wasn't working correctly and I think they may have abandoned the project as we never solved the issue (I don't recall what the exact problem was).
    Unfortunately since then you are the only other person that has asked so all that has been put down pretty low on the priorities list.

With the ECM corruption it is pot luck where it ends up, some will happily stay unlocked with some minor corruption, others like your ECM might be ok for a short time then they lock down, others are locked up right away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast