Thread: Another $0024 not so "HAPI" error

Default Another $0024 not so "HAPI" error

I just upgraded from 8.2.2.276 to 8.2.2.289. Version 289 works fine on my old desktop, which I used to update the V2 firmware. On my relatively new laptop, not so much. Version 276 worked fine on all machines, and then I upgraded to 282, and started getting the $0024 error, only on the laptop. I re-installed and checked to make sure the following executables were in the same folder: EFILive_Hapi.exe, EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe, and EFILive_Explorer.exe. The lights flash on the V2, and it connects (sometimes only for a few seconds, though) but as soon as I do anything, it locks up and/or gives me the $0024 error. Working fine on the old version, not working on the update. Dell XPS12 laptop, Windows 10. Can you please aim me in the right direction? Thanks. I know this issue has come up a gazillion times, but it seems like the fix should be easy - I'm just not finding it.

I probably should have posted this in the "Novemeber 2015: EFILive Public Stable-Release" thread to get a resolution, but it's here instead (sorry!). I tried uninstalling everything with IOBit Uninstaller, and then re-installing both V8 and V7.5. I don't get the HAPI error, but Explorer, Control Panel, and Scan & Tune all lock up as soon as I try to do anything. Can anybody give me a hand?
    Last edited by cmkelly01; December 9th, 2015 at 10:35 AM.

I got some advice from Paul on another thread that helped me solve the problem. After going through some more troubleshooting, it seemed possible that the firmware (V2.07.94) update had something to do with affecting the USB line (since it worked before the update, but not after). I installed a powered USB isolator (a powered hub would have probably worked as well), and the problem went away. Why the update would work OK on my desktop but not on the laptop is a mystery. Maybe the laptop's USB power is marginal, and if the firmware update added to the USB power load enough to push it over the top - I just don't know. Anyhow, it's back up and working.
    Last edited by cmkelly01; December 11th, 2015 at 07:23 AM.