Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no logging after first cal-flash

i will try. iv never done it before. could take a while before i find out how its done.

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    i will try. iv never done it before. could take a while before i find out how its done.
    See post #2 here (start at step 5): Hosting-an-Image

thanks. around frame 80.
    Attached Files Attached Files

so no ideas about the missing 3 seconds?

I see at frame 80 the time jumps by about 4 seconds... I sent a pm to Paul.

well, today it started acting up again, im often getting " ERR_Response/5, response $01:." after i start logging/monitoring, but sometimes not. also gm.mapboost_dma is dead when ignition is on, while gm.map in volts is active. sae.map is also active. however after shutting angine off it seems to show ambient pressure. do i have some kind of hardware issue?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The log you posted shows 3 places where data was skipped for more than 1 second.

1. Frame 80: skipped 3.11 seconds
    2. Frame 3880: skipped 1 minute and 03.319 seconds
    3. Frame 5177: skipped 4 minutes and 04.002 seconds

I'm pretty sure the second two skips were when the log file was deliberately paused. Please let me know if you did not deliberately pause the log file at those frames.

The first one at startup on frame 80 may be caused by a voltage drop during cranking. The pause occurs immediately after the RPM goes above zero - i.e. as soon as cranking starts. When starting the vehicle, can you watch FlashScan to see if it reboots (due to lack of voltage).

The error response $05 is an old issue in an old version of the V7.5 Scan Tool software. If it is happening in the latest software, that needs to be addressed. If you get that error again, then immediately stop the data log (if it doesn't stop automatically on that error) and then save a "User error report" by selecting the menu option: File->Generate error report. Then save the report and email it to me at paul@efilive.com. Include a link to this thread so I know what its about.

One last thing that may be relevant, some laptops have a hard drive protection scheme that disables reading/writing to the hard drive if/when excessive vibration or acceleration is detected. A laptop sitting in a vehicle can experience such vibration and/or acceleration. During the time the hard drive is disabled some data may not be logged.

There are a few ways to get around that:
    1. Disable the protection - although I don't recommend doing that as the hard drive may actually end up being physically damaged if/when it attempts to write while there is excessive vibration or acceleration.
    2. Log to a USB thumb drive - to do that you need to change the "Temporary cache" folder to point to your thumb drive in the Properties->Folders setting.
    3. Use FlashScan's black box logging features to log your data.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

0d7.2.start.efi
    0d7.4.start.efi

these are two logs of startup. in the second i have conected a second, big battery so voltage stays above 10v. the laptop is on the seat on a piece of foam and i dont have a cam, so i think acceleration/vibration issues can be excluded. it skips 3 seconds on every start up. and yes, the last two pauses were intentional.

c1.txt
    c2.txt

these are two bug reports showing the #05 error. i have figured out this only happens when the analog inputs are pluged in, so i connect, take out plugs, start logging, start engine and plug them in. then it works. what to do?
    Last edited by dian; October 14th, 2015 at 06:24 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Thanks for the trace files and log files and for this description of the problem:
    these are two bug reports showing the #05 error. i have figured out this only happens when the analog inputs are pluged in, so i connect, take out plugs, start logging, start engine and plug them in. then it works. what to do?
    Once I realized it only occurred when the AD was connected it made it much easier to track down the issue. I have located the error. I'll get it fixed asap.

Can you confirm whether or not the delay at the start of the log is related to having a voltage above about 1V input into AD1 or AD2? I.e. does the delay ONLY occur when you have a voltage input into AD1 or AD2? Or does the delay happen regardless of whether anything is connected or not?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12