Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no logging after first cal-flash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default no logging after first cal-flash

a few days ago i managed to do my first cal-flash, i didnt change much, just the maf delete prodedure, fan temp and a mod in the trans management. it seems to have worked well, car drives o.k. and engine light is off. now i tried to do some logging and it doesnt work. it loggs normally (tp) untill i crank the engine. then it quits after 3-4 frames, generating errors 12 and 22. (logging worked before the flash, using firmware 2.07.82 and v7.5.7/283.)

what to do?

Download and install V7 and V8 from here: Sep-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

then update V2 firmware (start V8 S&T and click Check Firmware...).

thanks. i intalled all that stuff 2 months ago and had great trouble making it work. so i really have to do it all again? why? what happened?

Get use to it it is common practice with EFILive, kind of gets old after a while.
    Great product, just screwy development execution.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Get use to it it is common practice with EFILive, kind of gets old after a while.
    Great product, just screwy development execution.
    I understand what you're saying, but that will limit the software's ability/correctness/quality/features without having exponential current versions.

( show us some other tuning packages that have the features you see here... )

Last edited by joecar; September 18th, 2015 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    thanks. i intalled all that stuff 2 months ago and had great trouble making it work. so i really have to do it all again? why? what happened?
    Paul wants to avoid mixing old firmware with new software (because he has fixed a bug or improved something or for some other reason)...

the steps are easier now than ever:
    1. install V7,
    2. install V8,
    3. start V8 S&T and click Check Firmware, the rest is fairly obvious (if the firmware needs updating you will see a button "Update Firmware", click it),
    4. and it also shows you if the V2/BBx config files need updating (you will see a button to update the files).
    Last edited by joecar; September 18th, 2015 at 08:20 AM.

If you do the update, you could have the following outcomes:
    1. problem solved;
    2. problem persists;
    3. new problem shows up;

for 2 and 3, Paul cannot (and really should) repair an old version of software/firmware... any repairs must be done on the current version (otherwise you end up with umpteen different current versions, and nobody will be sure which version is for which situation);

it is far better to update to latest version and if problem persists Paul will fix it.
    Last edited by joecar; September 18th, 2015 at 08:23 AM.

a few days ago i managed to do my first cal-flash, i didnt change much, just the maf delete prodedure, fan temp and a mod in the trans management. it seems to have worked well, car drives o.k. and engine light is off. now i tried to do some logging and it doesnt work. it loggs normally (tp) untill i crank the engine. then it quits after 3-4 frames, generating errors 12 and 22. (logging worked before the flash, using firmware 2.07.82 and v7.5.7/283.)

what to do?
    If the problem persists with the new software/firmware, then here are some questions:
    - what are you using to log (V7 scantool, V8 scantool, V2 BBL)...?
    - can you post any of those logs...?
    - what file did you cal flash (post it here)...?

so i updated all the stuff and this time it went well. the logging works again. can you explain what happened? i have a working software/hardware system and it quits because of a cal-flash? or was it something else?

btw, you say "v8 scantool". i was unaware v8 worked for scanning.

edit: well, logging doesnt really work. after 3-4 frames it stops for 3-4 seconds and then resumes. so when doing startup/idle tuning you mis the first seconds. no good i reckon.
    Last edited by dian; September 21st, 2015 at 12:04 AM.

so i updated all the stuff and this time it went well. the logging works again. can you explain what happened? i have a working software/hardware system and it quits because of a cal-flash? or was it something else?
    I don't know exactly what happened, but one of the software builds earlier this year had a bug related to EXT pid logging.

btw, you say "v8 scantool". i was unaware v8 worked for scanning.
    Yes, this is fairly new and still being developed (does not yet do some things like maps and DVT).

edit: well, logging doesnt really work. after 3-4 frames it stops for 3-4 seconds and then resumes. so when doing startup/idle tuning you mis the first seconds. no good i reckon.
    I presume this is with V7 scantool... can you post this log file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast