Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filter pid to Spreadsheet?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CR500 View Post
    How is the export done?

I loaded the datafile, view it in Chats, select my filter, hit the Filter Data button, hit Save and Save As, and the only type in the list is .pld
    In V8 you can select a range in the charts, right-click and select "Copy". That will copy the data to the clipbaord in a format suitable for pasting into Excel.

There are a few issues with the current pre-release V8 SCan Tool "Copy" option:
    1. If any PIDs in the charts are not selected, then the data does not line up under the correct PID heading.
    2. Full precision is not used when copying data to the clipboard.

Both of those problems are fixed in the next update.

There are many new, improved and fixed V8 Scan Tool features on the way in the next update.

Meanwhile, as Joe suggested, use the V7 Scan Tool for creating/updating maps.

Note: The V7 scan tool data re-plotting speed is slow compared to V8. It as written a long time ago when Windows was prone to crashing, so all scan tool data is read/written directly to disk. If/when a crash did occur the logged data could be recovered from the cache on disk. That makes re-plotting quite slow since every single frame is read directly from disk. If you have access to an SSD (solid state disk), you could try speeding up the disk operations by setting the "Temporary Cache" folder to a folder on the SSD. The cache folder can be changed in the Edit->Properties->[Folders] ,then click on the "Temporary Chache" item and click [Browse];

V8 caches all its data in memory and has had years of optimizations applied to it, so it is orders of magnitude faster than V7.
    400,000 frames (1.5 hours of logging) is replotted in around 1 second. Compared to hundreds of seconds on V7.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'll try the copy to clipboard tonight! Maps (V7) is doing what I was need. I going to do the same thing with a combination of Charts (V8) and a spreadsheet.

The speed actually isn't too bad, and I'm on a Mac running the software through a virtual machine!

Quote Originally Posted by CR500 View Post

The speed actually isn't too bad, and I'm on a Mac running the software through a virtual machine!
    I was running a MacBook Pro until the graphics chip unsoldered itself... lots of fun trying to fix it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12