Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
It doesn't work that way. When you set B0120 to 400, it means that it will ignore the VE table above 400rpm and only use the MAF sensor... but that only applies if the MAF sensor is deemed to be working properly. If you fail the MAF (PCM thinks that the MAF sensor is not working properly), then it will revert to speed density (VE table) regardless of what value you've set in B0120.
Nah, I'm pretty sure I just need to find the right table to display "magical air number". Seriously though thanks, that response was very well worded and further confirmed that my air values were coming from my current VE tables instead of MAF sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
Yes, if MAF DTC is present then PCM uses VE only...

If there is no MAF DTC and no MAF, then PCM does calculate what MAF could have been (and is usually wrong) and uses it.
I didn't realize that either. I guess that's why Auto.VE make ssuch a point of ensuring the MAF DTC's are flagged before doing the procedure.

I will try to get some seat time the next couple days to confirm, but to wrap this one up, the reason my CALC.VET procedure was displaying unreasonably high values is because it relies on the MAF sensor to calculate how much air was used and my MAF sensor was intentionally failed(a leftover from starting AUTO.VE that I never turned back off). The PCM then uses the current loaded VE table to determine air. In this particular case, my LS3 Maf sensor was displaying g/s numbers nearly double what they should be...which is a different issue that I will have to figure out.

Thanks for helping out everyone. I feel like this forced me to really understand the calcs behind the CALC.VET procedure that Joecar and Weatherman developed for us.