Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How are some tuners/resellers deleting with EFI Live?

I'm in the same boat you are catman. Until it happens I just got setup to sell another tuners tunes. Hate to do it but its better than turning people away. They say it's still on the table to be developed but being the bigger tuners don't need it, I say it is very very low priority. I just wish I knew for sure if mapping of the parameters and DTC is going to happen or not. If not I'll spend the money to get this done on my own now. I would like to not wait 3 years and still spend money to get the delete base file.

How is a .cax file created? Is it done within EFI Live or third party software?

Quote Originally Posted by KDubya View Post
    How is a .cax file created? Is it done within EFI Live or third party software?
    third party software.... Microsoft Notepad.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    third party software.... Microsoft Notepad.

And this Third party software would Be?? I have an idea and may already have it but idk.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    I'm in the same boat you are catman. Until it happens I just got setup to sell another tuners tunes. Hate to do it but its better than turning people away. They say it's still on the table to be developed but being the bigger tuners don't need it, I say it is very very low priority. I just wish I knew for sure if mapping of the parameters and DTC is going to happen or not. If not I'll spend the money to get this done on my own now. I would like to not wait 3 years and still spend money to get the delete base file.
    Unfortunately I think not only is it a low priority but I'll be willing to bet, it'll never happen.

The big names doing on their own now obsolves EFI from the EPA heat and places that squarely on the big boys heads...so what is the incentive to produce a file that in all likelihood would get into the public hands and redirect the EPA scrutiny back on EFI??

I've come to the realization that delete tuning 4th gens with EFI without spending a large amount of cash and time isint possible.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Unfortunately I think not only is it a low priority but I'll be willing to bet, it'll never happen.

The big names doing on their own now obsolves EFI from the EPA heat and places that squarely on the big boys heads...so what is the incentive to produce a file that in all likelihood would get into the public hands and redirect the EPA scrutiny back on EFI??

I've come to the realization that delete tuning 4th gens with EFI without spending a large amount of cash and time isint possible.
    Agree and it makes since. Coming into winter when I actually get some time I am going to dive back into this issue.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    And this Third party software would Be?? I have an idea and may already have it but idk.
    Literally that, Microsoft Notepad. A .cax file is simply a definition file that has to be populated with hex addresses, offsets, etc to expose a field within the EFILive Tune tool. It does NOT let you figure out WHERE those addresses, offsets, etc are within the code, that is what takes time, money, and knowledge.

There is a .cax file sub section in the forum on the root page.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

is this still a "region based" problem? only US customers are unable to delete? if so has anyone found a way around that? or has EFI simply just not even added delete parameters at all for all new diesels world wide?

Parameters are not available inside EFI for any region. Its not something you can get around, its just not there. If you want to do it yourself invest in some disassembling tools and start digging. If you get it, then you can edit externally or write a cax.
    Last edited by WyoFreeride; October 10th, 2015 at 05:25 PM.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Lifetime Member

A CAX file is just a definition (think translator/map). It tells EFI Live software where to look and how to handle the data you mapped based on user input.

A guy/shop would need to find this dataset and map it using external tools to EFI Live. Not an easy task.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast