Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom OS#5

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Interesting... So does that mean that the B3605 table still actually exists in the Custom OS then? I thought you just stole the space it took up and change its purpose, and issued a new cal number B3647.
    B3605 is gone, but, the 02020005.cal file still has it listed. I've updated the link in the previous page, I don't know why the link went dead!, I never changed anything.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

THIS OS WORKS LIKE A CHARM! now it feels stock!
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander
    THIS OS WORKS LIKE A CHARM! now it feels stock!
    This is killing me. I'm on the edge of my pants waiting to get my laptop back so I tinker with this OS...

Talking

I am still on COS 3 but I am thinking about trying OS 5. Is there anything special I should be aware of when going to this OS?

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Nothing really "special" to be aware of. You will want to create a MAP which represents the TPS VE Table and just drive around and log a bit. Basically this is what you will need to do to try and build the initial table, as it is a different matrix compared to MAP vs. RPM standard table.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I had problems with Custom OS3 and went back to the regular OS and things seemed good. So I had been reluctant to try Custom OS5, but with all the good reviews I thought what the heck I will try it. So far I am very glad that I decided to give Custom OS5 a try. The TPS VE table makes low rpm, light throttle with a large cam very nice. The IAT VE multipler actually seems to work with this OS where it didn't seem to work for me in Custom OS3.
    John
    2000 SS Camaro
    LSX 427 with GT55-94mm
    9.77 @ 157 4030 lbs race weight

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro SS
    I had problems with Custom OS3 and went back to the regular OS and things seemed good. So I had been reluctant to try Custom OS5, but with all the good reviews I thought what the heck I will try it. So far I am very glad that I decided to give Custom OS5 a try. The TPS VE table makes low rpm, light throttle with a large cam very nice. The IAT VE multipler actually seems to work with this OS where it didn't seem to work for me in Custom OS3.
    You convinced me that I need to go to this OS as soon as I can. Light throttle is the only place I have a little problem with now. It would be great to get rid of this headache.

Thanks.

Bill

I think I'm convinced that I should also make the upgrade to OS5 as I've had a few driveability problems that have crept into my tune ever since I've moved to OS3... and I continue to struggle to resolve. I hope OS5 is the answer I need or else I'm going back to OS1.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    I am working on a tutorial now for this guys. Bear with me as I get it all together and ready. I have been so busy with my "real" job that it is taken time away from my hobby. :lol:
    How is the tutorial doing? I am getting ready to go to OS5 and was just wondering.

Bill

I've had a play with the TPS VE and can give you a quick howto (as I see it) for using OS5 and the TPS VE. I have stock cam so I really only did it for a challenge and to work out how to

1) You need to have a good VE table - with BENS on or very close to 1.00.
    2) You need to change your preferences to view VE Table in "Grams*Kelvin/kPa" units.
    3) You will need to log a new PID called GM.VETABLE_DMA under the Tune section. Basically you will need to log this PID to build your initial TPS VE table.
    4) Create a MAP that has the same dimensions as the TPS VE Table and use the PID above as the Data.
    5) Go for a drive and log. You will need to try and hit as many as possible points in the TPS VE Table MAP.
    6) Now copy/paste the values in the TPS VE Table MAP to the TPS VE Table in your OS5 Tune file. You can try and experiment with the copy and fill function. You can probably also use the Linear Fill functions as well.

That my friends is how I did it. After the initial build of the TPS VE Table then I changed the TPS VE Table MAP created above so that the Data was now using the BEN factor. This allows you to fine tune that table going forward

I didn't play with cut in/out points for switching between TPS and standard VE Tables. And for initial tuning purposes my suggestion would be to run exclusively off the TPS VE Table as this will allow you to fine tune/correct it. I imagine to use the OS5 ongoing you will need to apply VE correction to both tables at the points where they are active.
    Hope that helps some?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast