Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom OS#5

So, ringram... You installed it yet LOL
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Will have within the next hour.. maybe not initially with A0003
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Well Ive started playing

Just a few thoughts and comments. The bottom half is rough, Im sure due to stuff I need to turn off like DFCO etc.

But I was thinking that cracker and follower are going to mess with this new TPS/VE table as its based on TPS and RPM. Cracker adds airflow separately from TPS so will affect VE, as will follower. I know Tordne zero'd out his cracker and follower at one point for testing, so my guess is to dial this in nice we will have to do that as well as the usual dfco, lean cruise etc.

Id say you would also want to fix PE to throttle trigger only and stop MAP triggers, again for consistency.

So yeah lots of different stuff to mess with, will take a while to figure it all out.

Anyway on the upgrade process, straight forward custom OS install, with the nice point that OS3 cals drop straight in. You can just leave the tps/ve stuff out until you want the challenge. Looking forward to everyone else's comments.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

My thoughts are unless you are running a REALLY big cam with no vac there is probably no point running the TPS VE unless it's just for the fun of learning.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I wish my cable didnt go out yesterdayI wanted to play with this os. So with this OS I wont need a nitrous controller at all? If I understand this right, I can flip a switch and that will change some settings allowing me to use nitrous better. Im guessing it will allow me to pull timing and richen the car up.

You still need a controller for the N20 solenoid(s), however, this allows you to alter spark and fuel without needing additional injectors when the N20 is on. It is by no means to replace some of the very sophisticated N20 control boxes out there. But for the guy with a small system who just needs to add a bit more fuel and pull a bit of timing it is ideal.
    The other part of this O.S is the TPS mapped VE for big cam engines or trumpet style manifolds.

Cheers.
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Agreed, its really for hardcore race cams. Just playing for something to do
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I don't think the VE Lookup Table PID will be affected by Follower, Cracker etc. As I understand it it looks up the value from the standard VE table at the RPM vs. MAP point. Then because you are creating a MAP of RPM vs. TPS then that VE Lookup Table value will basically be placed in the appropriate cell. Therefore building your TPS VE table.

I started playing yesterday. It is quite evident that it will be pretty damn hard to populate that table on the road
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Ok, but say Im doing 100mph, cracker will be at a higher value than just on idle. Therefore at the same RPM and TPS Ill have more air going in with cracker so less vacuum, so the ve reading at that TPS and RPM point will be different for the 100mph condition as opposed to me just reving at idle for example. 2 different ve/map readings same tps and rpm.

Maybe its not going to make much difference a few extra grams wont do too much when you are near the top of the table. But at low points it could get a little messy Id have thought.

I know what you mean about populating the table though, especially all the throttle points over 5000rpm. I guess you can see the pattern and then fill it in by hand. Should be interesting to see what happens with AFR's running of the table.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I know where you are coming from Richard and I agree, but, for the engines that TPS VE will benefit the effect will be negligible.
    However, as you guys are having so much fun, let us know what you find ?

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast