Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom OS#5

I can't wait to start playing with this OS. I have many customers that are very intrested in this along with myself. It will be another week or two before I can try it out on my car though.

Talking

That's what I like, a car in various stages of disassembly and tools/parts strewn all over the place...

And a beer or two close by just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    That's what I like, a car in various stages of disassembly and tools/parts strewn all over the place...
    Yeah, but a true car guy would have those heads in the TV room, or a spare bedroom

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

They are just 241 ls1 heads. I can't hardly give them away. So I am going to cut them up and make a flycutting jig out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Yeah, but a true car guy would have those heads in the TV room, or a spare bedroom

Cheers,
    Ross

Slow me, tested the TPS table out yesterday. I triggered off at 3200rpm, on under 3200. Seemed to work well, nice throttle response, though as Tordne commented to me, it doesnt track commanded as well as SD based VE.

I think Ill work some more with it as I like the response.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Hi I've been playing with the COS #5 on my 402 and it seems very promissing so far. I'm not sure if you have tried this, but in order to dial-in the values in the tps based ve table I set it up to auto tune that and it actually seemed to work well. I can't get rid of a little flat spot at about 8-10 percent tps and about 1700 rpm, but I haven't had time to play with it much yet. I have a big cam(248-250 and 613 lift), but I don't think it's even big enough to need this table.

I already have the map based VE dialed in perfect, but I can't seem to get the car to want to do anything except for die until it reaches 180 degrees F. It wants to run very lean. It doesn't even stay close to the commanded AFR. I've been fighting this the past week. That's the reason I tried the TPS based VE table in the first place. Any suggestions on what could cause this would be great.

Is the ET or IAT getting to 180*F the problem? If it is the IAT temp you could use the A0014 VE multiplier table. I found that to work wonders.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

The coolant temperature has to get up to about 180F before it seems to richen up to the commanded AFR. I was reading up on this issue and it appears to be somewhat common with SD tunes. I'll play with it some more and hopefully figure it out. I think I may need to tweek the B3632 table a little.

In order to use the input for the nitrous actiavtion do you simply ground the lead? Thanks again, Brian

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast