Thread: $0547 error

Default $0547 error

I have been doing my own tuning for over a year now with the same PCM without any issues at all and the last tune i installed was 9/15/15 that went right in without any issues, yesterday I decided to refresh a tune with some updates i wanted and started to get this code $0547 "Controller is locked with a custom code". I no there is no way i put in a code or locked it in any way as I also tune my 2000 vette that has no issues with reading/writing.

I tried disconnecting the battery, pulling fuses etc to no avail, So i reached out to Joecar for help and he had me put this to the forum.

I am running IOS EL Capitan on macbook Air with VMFusion 8-( I have never had an issue using this configuration ) tho it was an older version on both
    XP on the windows side with all current updates

V2 is all up to date as of last night ( this was going on before and after the update)
    V8/V7 up to current versions as of Sept-pre release.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic.JPG 
Views:	283 
Size:	977.0 KB 
ID:	18905

Hi Mike, thanks for posting this here (makes it easier to manage), I sent Paul a pm regarding this.

Ok, I dont what the ?? is going on but went to download the updates again and this time to Pauls links on the forum and now I have the latest. I went into the controller look ups again and this time it found the same controller numbers but 2 different KEYS, I tried the other key and BAM it worked, the last time i programed the PCM it changed the VIN number, I looked at the file and it was correct so I dont know what happened.

I was able to refresh and correct the VIN to correct one and now I dont need the other Key.

FIXED

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Did it display error $0537 and not $0547? Just asking because it should show $0537 when the controller is locked with a custom key. If it really did show $0547 then I need to fix that.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

You are correct it was $0537 as the picture showed.

Not sure why I kept thinking it was considering I took the picture

QUOTE=Blacky;223300]Did it display error $0537 and not $0547? Just asking because it should show $0537 when the controller is locked with a custom key. If it really did show $0547 then I need to fix that.

Regards
    Paul[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, I see it now, $0537 (hmmm, I need to see my optometrist, lol).