Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting problem commodore vu ute

Default Starting problem commodore vu ute

ok Hopefully this is easy answer, I haven't been able to start my car since battery went flat during a re flash, then found out since my computer was using usb3.0 was a major problem have stolen my sons computer and also updated my v1 to a v2.
    I got the car to start once and it run rough but that was because it has a new cam in it as well.
    I finally bit the bullet again today after walking away from it all for over a month or so. Pulled the tune and the vin was showing all 00000000's
    The car is a 2002 holden vu2 commodore ss ute ls1 m6, Would having the vin at all zeros stop it starting, its winding over but not firing, can hear fuel pump kicking in with key on, put a spare plug in spark plug lead and have spark, Even tried "start u bastard" sprayed directly in throttle body and it wouldn't start....

Help any ideas????

Cheers Wade
    Last edited by joecar; October 19th, 2015 at 03:26 AM. Reason: fixed title

Turn off the VATS in the tune, reflash and try again.
    The Tremor at AIR

Still having issues with this. Now I'm getting a lot of flash failures. Even on read to confirm the last flash that succeeded.
    I'm wondering if anybody in the wollongong area might have a bench harness i could borrow for a day. That way i can at least elimate a bad pcm.
    I'm starting to wonder if my battery in the car isn't as charged as i think it is. Still accepting charge nearly a full day later. I am unsure of the size of charger i borrowed off dad as my big one decided it wanted to smoke and have a bad smell after just getting back from sailing club after 4 years of use.

I would check to see if the battery voltage is at 12.4V or higher.

Had another go this afternoon voltage on multimeter was showing 13.7v.
    First attempt got a $06ff checksum error, all subsequent attempts have worked.
    Still can't get the car to fire.

Car is a 2002 commodore vu ss ute running m6 gearbox
    engine has standard manifold and tb, running 1 5/8" 4into1 extractors with 3" collector, 3" 100cpi cats and then running twin 2 1/2" split system
    only thing I have done since last tune is install new cam that has specs of 234 243 110 and put bigger valve springs in.
    I did initially get it to run on the stock tweaked tune, just to test cam install was fine.

I have attached the tune that is presently in pcm and a log of trying to start it from today.
    If anybody has any ideas please help, I need to get this started otherwise it'll need a blueslip in 2 weeks time

Cheers Wade
    Attached Files Attached Files

If it's not VATS then check to see if injectors and plugs are firing, check if scantool reads RPM while starting.

Ok been out again this morning. Noid light firing on each injector plug. Got 58psi of fuel pressure.
    Still got me stumped. Waiting on a bench harness to arrive to eliminate pcm problem.
    Only other thing i can think of is maybe pushrod length is 2 long with bigger cam holding valves slighty open after lifters pump up oil pressure.

Ok its alive again...... new set of spark plugs and she fired straight up

Quote Originally Posted by v8manic View Post
    Ok its alive again...... new set of spark plugs and she fired straight up
    Do any of the old plugs show any signs of damage...?

No spoke to the bloke I brought the cam from just to check on base circle of cam, and he said to try a new set as he's had it before where pulling them out of head you can have them firing but not igniting the mixture if they are fouled, He said don't even try and clean just replace, Did that and she fired straight up and idled reasonable.
    Now I have to try and work out how to do autove with the serial wb02 using the v2 as I was used to the v1 and analog settings.

Cheers Wade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast