Thread: Read HPTuners Tune with EFILive. 2 Bar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

I read this:

To make this conversion work you need to start with a 1999 up F-car tun file.
    The 2002 OS 12212156 (available from http://www.tunefiledepot.com//) is a good choice for the base file.
    I then used the fuel segment from the 2002 Express Van OS 12212156. (Available above )
    Since the fuel tank and sender are different, I then copied the fuel system parameters, fuel gauge calibration and Convert sender to volume tables back from the Camaro/Firebird base file.
    I have a question about this process. (I did read the Custom OS tutorial.)

1. When the shop that did the initial tuning tried to crank the car, he tried to initially get it started with the MAF in place, but it would not run. He took it back to the SD tune the last guy tried when had the 422 and got it started with basic programming so I could break it in before the Dyno Tune.

I know 2002 OS 12212156 is suggested and the fuel segment from the 2002 Express Van OS 12212156.
    Being as my engine is from a 2009 Z06 LS7, are there any tables in the corresponding file for the 2009 ZO6 Corvette that I may need or can copy over to ease my initial tuning woes?

2. ALSO, being as how I want to use my '98 Trans Am's VIN# on this PCM, what is THAT process?
    Can I flash my current '98 Trans Am's VIN to the PCM BEFORE using up a license, so that I can license the final 2002 PCM with my original VIN?

Thanks!
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A View Post
    2. ALSO, being as how I want to use my '98 Trans Am's VIN# on this PCM, what is THAT process?
    Can I flash my current '98 Trans Am's VIN to the PCM BEFORE using up a license, so that I can license the final 2002 PCM with my original VIN?
    So ... I found this response by joecar to someone changing their VIN:

to flash the tune file to the new PCM you will need to use a new license (licences are based on PCM serial number not VIN).
    Do I take that to mean I:

1. License the new PCM
    2. Read the current program and save/back-up, and confirm OS number
    3. FULL re-flash of Custom Operating System to PCM
    4. CALIBRATION re-flash of the original saved program to PCM
    5. RE-read PCM again and save to new Program file
    6. Check and modify first segment in the Navigator (EFILive Custom Calibrations) as necessary to ensure "sane values" as laid out in the Custom OS tutorial.
    7. Copy last column from VE Calibration into the first column of the BOOST VE map, again into the LAST column, and increase LAST column by 300%, then perform a left to right linear fill (105-285kPa)
    8. Zero Boost Timing Calibration
    9. Set VE Multiplier to 1.00 initially, modifying later as necessary depending on commanded AFR at stable intake temp.
    10. Configure Commanded Fuel vs RPM per example in Tutorial
    11. Closed Loop Temp enable to MAX and STFT Idle Enable to Disable.
    12. Continue to follow Boosted Setup in Tutorial and use Semi-Open Loop to command Fueling.
    13. Set Torque Limiting parameters to Max Value
    14. Use Open Loop ECT Commanded Fuel Multiplier calibration to compensate for cold running conditions
    15. Save the Program to a NEW file as the Base Calibration and make a backup of it

Whew!
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

Do I take that to mean I:

1. License the new PCM
    2. Read the current program and save/back-up, and confirm OS number
    3. FULL re-flash of Custom Operating System to PCM
    4. CALIBRATION re-flash of the original saved program to PCM
    5. RE-read PCM again and save to new Program file
    6. Check and modify first segment in the Navigator (EFILive Custom Calibrations) as necessary to ensure "sane values" as laid out in the Custom OS tutorial.
    7. Copy last column from VE Calibration into the first column of the BOOST VE map, again into the LAST column, and increase LAST column by 300%, then perform a left to right linear fill (105-285kPa)
    8. Zero Boost Timing Calibration
    9. Set VE Multiplier to 1.00 initially, modifying later as necessary depending on commanded AFR at stable intake temp.
    10. Configure Commanded Fuel vs RPM per example in Tutorial
    11. Closed Loop Temp enable to MAX and STFT Idle Enable to Disable.
    12. Continue to follow Boosted Setup in Tutorial and use Semi-Open Loop to command Fueling.
    13. Set Torque Limiting parameters to Max Value
    14. Use Open Loop ECT Commanded Fuel Multiplier calibration to compensate for cold running conditions
    15. Save the Program to a NEW file as the Base Calibration and make a backup of it

Whew!
    #1 would occur when attempting to do #3... it will ask for a license, you tell it ok (and which license slot), it exits; you then attempt to do #3 again, this time it will proceed.

For #7 thru #15: mostly yes... we may want to put in "better" values since the tutorial was written (for example, use B3647 to control non-boosted fueling, and then use PE to control boosted fueling).

I know, this is a long process... no different than if you're rebuilding your engine or trans, being meticulous is important, don't rush it, check your work.

I read this:

I have a question about this process. (I did read the Custom OS tutorial.)

1. When the shop that did the initial tuning tried to crank the car, he tried to initially get it started with the MAF in place, but it would not run. He took it back to the SD tune the last guy tried when had the 422 and got it started with basic programming so I could break it in before the Dyno Tune.

I know 2002 OS 12212156 is suggested and the fuel segment from the 2002 Express Van OS 12212156.
    Being as my engine is from a 2009 Z06 LS7, are there any tables in the corresponding file for the 2009 ZO6 Corvette that I may need or can copy over to ease my initial tuning woes?
    Yes, all the injector tables, VE tables, idle tables, spark tables, and possible some others... do you have all these tables already in LS1A/LS1B form...?
    If not, the some of them will have to be interpolated (if you're using stock LS3/LS7 injectors, I already have those tables interpolated for LS1B).

Is your 1998 (LS1A) tune file already edited to run the LS7...?

( sure, a good tuner can make a 1998 tune file work, but I think you're much better off running a 2002 PCM to run your LS7 )

I'll have more comments on this later, need to know what we're starting from...

2. ALSO
    , being as how I want to use my '98 Trans Am's VIN# on this PCM, what is THAT process?

Thanks!
    You can write your 1998 TA's VIN into the 0411 PCM using the V7 scantool: go Bidirectional->Change VIN.

You will also need to do a VATS Relearn (i.e. get BCM to talk to PCM), done with tunetool in similar manner.

Changing VIN does not use any licenses.

VATS Relearn does not use any licenses.