Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Read HPTuners Tune with EFILive. 2 Bar

Lifetime Member

If I'm only running two-bar right now, is that the one I should use? Or does the 3-bar OS have other capabilities that I should go ahead and use that one. I'm not sure about the level of choice I should make. Does the 2-bar sensor they shop got from the Chevrolet Parts place demand that I use only the 2-bar tuning file?

Eventually , I may decide to take my tranny to a 4L80E if this one breaks too often.
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

The tables that your tuner edited to run your LS7 will have to be copied into the 12212156 file...

this includes the injector tables (for your 86 lb/hr injectors), VE table, spark tables, idle tables

( the EFILive V7 tunetool has a transpose tool to help with copying tables )

To run boost you can run either COS3 (02020003) or COS5 (02020005) both based on 12212156...

so get 12212156 working first (engine runs) and then we can install either COS.

Questions:
    - so up until now, you were running your LS7 from your 1998 PCM with a HPT custom operating system that your tuner tuned...?
    - did he get the LS7 running properly (idle, part throttle, WOT)...?
    - so you are running SD (MAF-less)...?
    - did he get the 4L60E shifting properly...?
    - is your FPR un-referenced or is it manifold-referenced...?
    - what is rail pressure (if manifold-referenced, measure with hose removed)...?

Lifetime Member

Questions:
    - so up until now, you were running your LS7 from your 1998 PCM with a HPT custom operating system that your tuner tuned...?
    Yes ... which is why I can't really copy over VE table, I don't think. The first tune for break-in he got it running, but no tuning for hi-rpms nor boost.

idle and part throttle was fine with no-2bar tune. It took him putting in a custom HPTuners OS and 2-bar from GM Parts to get me where I could run into boost and not go lean.

Yes

No. It will run up to 7K RPMs in first, overshooting my 6500 shift points (MPH shift point is only 35 MPH in 1st), and when I back out of it, it feels like it's free-rev'ing until I'm back down in previous gear. Then, it won't shift 1-2 or 2-3 until about 3500 RPMS. IT feels ALMOST like a variation of a limp mode. I was told I may need to do Crank Re-learn ... that I should have because of engine swap. I hadn't done that and wonder if it is part of this issue.

I have the CAS Boost Referenced Regulator installed. And a boost-a-pump

Removed, it is 60PSI. Referenced, it is just over 50 PSI

Questions:
    Yes ... which is why I can't really copy over VE table, I don't think. The first tune for break-in he got it running, but no tuning for hi-rpms nor boost.
    Ok, when you install COS3 or COS5 it may be possible to look at his VE table and approximately copy it into the COS3/5 Main VE and Boost VE tables (maybe using a spreadsheet to turn it around and interpolate it if necessary).

idle and part throttle was fine with no-2bar tune. It took him putting in a custom HPTuners OS and 2-bar from GM Parts to get me where I could run into boost and not go lean.
    Ok, so you gave a 2-bar MAP sensor install at the moment, does it run properly like this...?

Yes
    Ok

No. It will run up to 7K RPMs in first, overshooting my 6500 shift points (MPH shift point is only 35 MPH in 1st), and when I back out of it, it feels like it's free-rev'ing until I'm back down in previous gear. Then, it won't shift 1-2 or 2-3 until about 3500 RPMS. IT feels ALMOST like a variation of a limp mode. I was told I may need to do Crank Re-learn ... that I should have because of engine swap. I hadn't done that and wonder if it is part of this issue.
    Ok, we'll have to get the VE table and other stuff right first, and make sure we're not in limp mode.

I have the CAS Boost Referenced Regulator installed. And a boost-a-pump
    Is the boost referenced regulator linear with MAP (i.e. constant base pressure plus MAP on top of that)...?
    Do you have a link to its user manual pdf (or other info)...?
    When does the boost-a-pump run...?

Ok. ( sounds like the FPR may be linear with MAP )

We can copy the your tuner's VE table into the 12212156 VE table, and copy various other tables (injector tables, spark tables, idle table) and get it to start...

it helps if with HPT you can do a compare of your tuner's file against the stock file (you can download HPT and run it in demo mode);

we will have to set the VIN, and do VATS relearn;

If it starts and runs, then we can proceed with the COS3/5 upgrade...

and then you can start tuning the VE table;

when engine is able to be rev'd to above 4000 rpm, we can do CASE relearn to help with misfire detection.

Lifetime Member

Great! Thanks for all your help!

I am re-pinning the harness now, so my immediate question is:

- is the only way to "verify" a connection to check continuity or some low, but not infinite resistance between two end-points in the wiring?
    Or, can it be scanned in some way with the ignition on? I'm referring to my foul-up with a couple of the Gray Wires on 1998 Blue Connector, ref:
    Since all four of these gray wire circuits are 5V references, is it safe to assume if I pinned everything back in and a pair of these were swapped, that it would not damage anything, even though I would get a code or some other unexpected indication?>>

64 GRA 416 MAP Sensor 5V reference Pin "C"
    65 GRA 705 EGR Valve 5V Reference Pin "D"
    66 GRA 474 AC Press Sensor 5V Reference Pin "B"
    67 GRA 598 Fuel tank Pressure Sensor 5V Reference

I think I did it near 64 or 65.

and

2. What does "TEST FIRST!" mean on this wire:
    "Red C1-36 DK BLU TO Red C2-38……………TEST FIRST! 99-02 PCM’S"
    Test how? Why this one?

Lifetime Member

And I'll download HPTuners Demo. But, I will have to ask him for the file. I had only read the PCM after the tune.

Lifetime Member

Questions:
    joecar- so up until now, you were running your LS7 from your 1998 PCM with a HPT custom operating system that your tuner tuned...?
    BL1TA:Yes ... which is why I can't really copy over VE table, I don't think. The first tune for break-in he got it running, but no tuning for hi-rpms nor boost.
    joecar: Ok, when you install COS3 or COS5 it may be possible to look at his VE table and approximately copy it into the COS3/5 Main VE and Boost VE tables (maybe using a spreadsheet to turn it around and interpolate it if necessary).
    BL1TA: OK

joecar- did he get the LS7 running properly (idle, part throttle, WOT)...?
    BL1TA:idle and part throttle was fine with no-2bar tune. It took him putting in a custom HPTuners OS and 2-bar from GM Parts to get me where I could run into boost and not go lean.
    joecar: Ok, so you gave a 2-bar MAP sensor install at the moment, does it run properly like this...?
    BL1TA:It runs good except for overshooting shift points and the limp mode behavior I described

joecar: so you are running SD (MAF-less)...?
    BL1TA:Yes
    joecar: Ok

joecar: did he get the 4L60E shifting properly...?
    BL1TA:No. It will run up to 7K RPMs in first, overshooting my 6500 shift points (MPH shift point is only 35 MPH in 1st), and when I back out of it, it feels like it's free-rev'ing until I'm back down in previous gear. Then, it won't shift 1-2 or 2-3 until about 3500 RPMS. IT feels ALMOST like a variation of a limp mode. I was told I may need to do Crank Re-learn ... that I should have because of engine swap. I hadn't done that and wonder if it is part of this issue.
    joecar: Ok, we'll have to get the VE table and other stuff right first, and make sure we're not in limp mode.

joecar: is your FPR un-referenced or is it manifold-referenced...?
    BL1TA:I have the CAS Boost Referenced Regulator installed. And a boost-a-pump
    joecar: Is the boost referenced regulator linear with MAP (i.e. constant base pressure plus MAP on top of that)...?
    Do you have a link to its user manual pdf (or other info)...?
    When does the boost-a-pump run...?
    BL1TA: From what I can tell and recall, it increases fuel pressure 1 lb per lb or boost. The Boostapump the tuner hooked up to stay on all the time; it's pressure is regulated by the CAS FPR. He also made the dual pumps work all the time. I don't have manual to the CAS Regulator; I don't know that it is even sold anymore.

Ok. ( sounds like the FPR may be linear with MAP )
    BL1TA: I believe so.

Lifetime Member

I was going to try immediately flash the PCM with the same Calibration that I read (it already had the 12212156 Program in it) and I got the following WARNING message I don't recall seeing before. (What does it mean? Is it OK to Flash the PCM or is there something wrong and I'm about to risk trashing it?)

The EFILive V8 software is not yet capable of detecting Electronic Throttle Controller (ETC) tables that are out of range.
    Please ensure that you have opened and re-saved this file using the EFILive V7.5 software prior to flashing it into an LS1 ETC controller.
    Failure to do so may render the LS1B controller permanently unresposive

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast