Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Read HPTuners Tune with EFILive. 2 Bar

Lifetime Member

The good news is, I cranked it again this morning and it stayed cranked.

I had to hold the accelerator for it to maintain about 1600-1700 RPM's and gradually let it idle down tentatively until about a minute later it would maintain about 1100 RPM's. as it warmed up, it finally idled (about 2 to 3 mins later) at 750 RPM's without cutting off. But, it is not as steady as before. If I rev'd up, it would not recover letting off the throttle fast enough to avoid cutting off without catching it with the throttle and easing into idle RPM.

But, that seems a good sign that it won't be hard to dial idle back in.
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

Lifetime Member

[PCM DTCs EPA Current]
    DTC P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
    DTC P0443 EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve 1 Control CKT
    DTC P0449 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit

[PCM DTCs EPA Pending]

[PCM DTCs Enhanced]
    P0102=PCM,-FPHXNCI
    DTC P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
    P0107=PCM,MFPHXNCI
    P0443=PCM,MFPHXNCI
    P0449=PCM,MFPHXNCI
    P0645=PCM,-FPHXNCI
    Powertrain - Computer and Auxiliary Outputs - ISO/SAE Controlled
    Description: Air Conditioning Clutch Relay Control Circuit Conditions
    Cause: Engine speed over 400 rpm, system voltage from 6-18v, then the PCM detected that the Actual and Commanded state of the A/C control circuit did not match, condition met for 5 seconds
    P1637=PCM,---HX--I
    DTC P1637 Generator L-Terminal Circuit

These are the swaps where my eyes got blurry on four gray wires at 2 am in the morning:
    After they were all out, putting in the last one, I realized I had made a miss-step when I saw a wire mis-labeled:
    Blue C2-67 GRY TO Blue C1-46
    Blue C2-66 GRY TO Blue C1-45
    Blue C2-65 GRY TO Blue C1-47
    Blue C2-64 GRY TO Blue C1-48

Pin Color CKT Function
    64 GRA 416 MAP Sensor 5V reference Pin "C"
    65 GRA 705 EGR Valve 5V Reference Pin "D"
    66 GRA 474 AC Press Sensor 5V Reference Pin "B"
    67 GRA 598 Fuel tank Pressure Sensor 5V Reference

45 GRA 474 5 Volt Reference (A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor) (Factory)
    46 GRA 474 5 Volt Reference (Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor) (Factory)
    47 ! GRA 705 EGR Pintle Sensor 5V Reference <<-What does the exclamation mark mean
    48 GRA 416 5 Volt Reference (MAP Sensor) Pin "C"
    What do the “!” mean in Pin 47?

I see this statement in the docs:
    “EGR circuits will be shown for 1999/2000 conversions. The EGR wires can be installed in 2001-2002 applications if desired.”
    If this is the case, since I have a 2002 PCM, can I leave this disconnected and disable the test?

Also, I have questions about:
    31. Red C1-36 DK BLU TO Red C2-38……………TEST FIRST! 99-02 PCM’S
    What am I testing? Why?

Since the MAP sensor is right there, I should be able to check continuity between that pin and the connector fairly easily (assuming I'm thinking the correct way about this), right. Which might make the corresponding wire it was mistakenly swapped with identifiable.

Bit I want to make sure I get ALL of them, and not keep tugging on that harness re-fitting it multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A View Post
    Thanks. Can you check your Private Message. I don't mind posting my tune. But, I don't want the shop to feel some kinda way about posting theirs.
    Ok, pm'd you.

[PCM DTCs EPA Pending]

[PCM DTCs Enhanced]
    P0102=PCM,-FPHXNCI
    DTC P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
    P0107=PCM,MFPHXNCI
    P0443=PCM,MFPHXNCI
    P0449=PCM,MFPHXNCI
    P0645=PCM,-FPHXNCI
    Cause: Engine speed over 400 rpm, system voltage from 6-18v, then the PCM detected that the Actual and Commanded state of the A/C control circuit did not match, condition met for 5 seconds
    P1637=PCM,---HX--I

These are the swaps where my eyes got blurry on four gray wires at 2 am in the morning:
    After they were all out, putting in the last one, I realized I had made a miss-step when I saw a wire mis-labeled:
    Blue C2-67 GRY TO Blue C1-46
    Blue C2-66 GRY TO Blue C1-45
    Blue C2-65 GRY TO Blue C1-47
    Blue C2-64 GRY TO Blue C1-48

Pin Color CKT Function
    64 GRA 416 MAP Sensor 5V reference Pin "C"
    65 GRA 705 EGR Valve 5V Reference Pin "D"
    66 GRA 474 AC Press Sensor 5V Reference Pin "B"
    67 GRA 598 Fuel tank Pressure Sensor 5V Reference

45 GRA 474 5 Volt Reference (A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor) (Factory)
    46 GRA 474 5 Volt Reference (Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor) (Factory)
    47 ! GRA 705 EGR Pintle Sensor 5V Reference <<-What does the exclamation mark mean
    48 GRA 416 5 Volt Reference (MAP Sensor) Pin "C"
    What do the “!” mean in Pin 47?

I see this statement in the docs:
    “EGR circuits will be shown for 1999/2000 conversions. The EGR wires can be installed in 2001-2002 applications if desired.”
    If this is the case, since I have a 2002 PCM, can I leave this disconnected and disable the test?

Also, I have questions about:
    31. Red C1-36 DK BLU TO Red C2-38……………TEST FIRST! 99-02 PCM’S
    What am I testing? Why?

Since the MAP sensor is right there, I should be able to check continuity between that pin and the connector fairly easily (assuming I'm thinking the correct way about this), right. Which might make the corresponding wire it was mistakenly swapped with identifiable.

Bit I want to make sure I get ALL of them, and not keep tugging on that harness re-fitting it multiple times.
    I'm not sure what the exclamation means... yes you can delete the EGR.

I think TEST FIRST means see what is at the other end of the wire (if there is something).

Yes, DTC is indicating a problem with MAP wiring, check wiring, and also check terminals in connector at MAP end.

Lifetime Member

P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
    P0443 EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve 1 Control CKT
    P0449 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit
    P0645=PCM,-FPHXNCI
    P1637=PCM,---HX--I

I found the MAP Sensor wire easy enough, and the 5 Volt Reference (Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor) wire was out of position. Corrected.

Now these DTC's listed above are pending, and Fuel Gauge is pegged full (The tank may be full ... I don't remember)

The car cranks up (though low idle is difficult cold) and I see MAP now. I am disabling those, now (except to put MAF to correct setting for SD).
    (My A/C is off of the car and I don't think the EVAP is operative ... I don't remember)

Check if your alternating is charging (what is battery voltage with engine running).

Edit: ah, I see P1637 is H and not C.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Check if your alternating is charging (what is battery voltage with engine running).

Edit: ah, I see P1637 is H and not C.
    Yep ... definitely charging

Lifetime Member

So ... moving the VE, Inj and Spark tables over that were working is not letting the car stay cranked, but the base 2002 tune does (though it won't idle down low and you can tell it's quite rich). Is there a way to get this where it needs to be, starting from scratch? I have the 85# injectors.

Lifetime Member

After getting the PCM upgraded, I have been slowing ticking off item by item, things I was unaware of in transitioning to a ground-up tune for a hybrid vehicle.
    My combination seems to be crazy. I talked to a tuner in Florida who says they don't touch them ... had a vehicle sit for months and it was a "disaster" ... in his words. Others will take it ...and take your money ... but, well ... you know ...

Any-hoo ... progress is being made. I don't like to leave unresolved threads, so I won't abandon this thread. But, I don't want a meandering blow-by-blow either. I will write a detailed update on what had to be done ...and the pitfalls I encountered, when completed. BIG thanks to joecar, who has texted back and forth with me (even a couple phone conversations), given me advice and schooled me on things I did not know.

Huge thanks to another tuner who provided some great theory to me and some cool history about PCM editing. I'm not sure If he wants his name out there; I'll see. But, he clued me in on some basics (but may as well be advanced to someone like me who just didn't know) that were instrumental in getting me past some road blocks.

Let me just say ... though the PCM was wired fine (after I corrected two of four consecutive grey wires I had pinned incorrectly), initially the car would not even run.
    joecar advice got me past that point. Then "mystery tuner" AND joecar gave me some nuggets that got me over the hump where where I was having the issue that the Custom OS Calibration would not run.

Now that I can drive to the gas station and back ... LOL! ... I am trying to do further tuning.

What a journey!

After getting the PCM upgraded, I have been slowing ticking off item by item, things I was unaware of in transitioning to a ground-up tune for a hybrid vehicle.
    My combination seems to be crazy. I talked to a tuner in Florida who says they don't touch them ... had a vehicle sit for months and it was a "disaster" ... in his words. Others will take it ...and take your money ... but, well ... you know ...

Any-hoo ... progress is being made. I don't like to leave unresolved threads, so I won't abandon this thread. But, I don't want a meandering blow-by-blow either. I will write a detailed update on what had to be done ...and the pitfalls I encountered, when completed. BIG thanks to joecar, who has texted back and forth with me (even a couple phone conversations), given me advice and schooled me on things I did not know.

Huge thanks to another tuner who provided some great theory to me and some cool history about PCM editing. I'm not sure If he wants his name out there; I'll see. But, he clued me in on some basics (but may as well be advanced to someone like me who just didn't know) that were instrumental in getting me past some road blocks.

Let me just say ... though the PCM was wired fine (after I corrected two of four consecutive grey wires I had pinned incorrectly), initially the car would not even run.
    joecar advice got me past that point. Then "mystery tuner" AND joecar gave me some nuggets that got me over the hump where where I was having the issue that the Custom OS Calibration would not run.

Now that I can drive to the gas station and back ... LOL! ... I am trying to do further tuning.

What a journey!
    Looks like it's time to scale the airflow tables for idle.
    Cal Editor aka A.J.
    Lead Calibrator at PCM Calibrators
    ASE Master Certified since 1988 -- ASE L1, F1 & A9
    GM Technician since 1999 -- GM World Class Technician since 2009
    CNG Installer -- CSA Inspector
    A handful of people out there who do have an intimate knowledge of GM Calibrations

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast