Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surging TCC Lockup - Table request

Default Surging TCC Lockup - Table request

So i got myself a 2010 Holden SSV Ute with a few mods on it on friday and straight away i noticed on cruise the car would pulse when the converter was locked. i.e you could see the tacho needle and hear the exhaust note bouncing which was irritating as all hell.

Wasn't a big deal as i had planned on removing it and putting in my trusted and proven circle'd triple disc converter (that i had in my 07 ve).

So my circle'd went in today, and i was all excited to get up to speed on the highway for the converter to lock and ..... the same shit again... aghh!!!

Anyway to the fix. (after even using hpt to try and resolve the problem by playing with tcc pressures)

So my original TCM OS was 24254909 and so i tried using 24256025 from a 2010 camaro and this got me lockup with no pulsing albeit i lost sports shift and TUTD until I used hptuners to change the "Range Active" feature to D6 from D4 (i suspect because on the camaro u do an extra pull back on the shifter to go into sports/manual mode from drive and then use the TUTD buttons on the steering wheel)

So now i have full lockup with no pulsing and TUTD again. Just no sports mode yet, but im working on it.

If possible would someone from efilive have the chance to take a quick comparison view to see why the camaro os holds lockup at the same pressure's but the original holden os won't and just pulses.

any updates on this?

From me? I was happy in the end and worked out what modes needed to be set via hpt to get sports/tapshift etc to work, but i always thought sports mode was a pointless mode so left it out. I kept normal drive mode and then tapshift.

I have since sold the car a couple of weeks ago. i picked it up cheap, did some small work to it & sold it for a profit.

See August beta release... looks likes its been sorted

How do you adjust the regulator off set in efi-live to improve the TCC pressure?

if your having the same problem as what i originally described. making changes to the regulator offset etc made no difference in my original OS.

I don't have any surging issues but i know that "regulator offset" table is missing & i know it us used to improve the TCC pressure with other software...

https://forum.efilive.com/archive/in...p/t-18246.html
    Last edited by auspeed; November 27th, 2016 at 10:05 AM.

that missing option is more like a initial pressure value for the converter to hold lockup. if you have a decent converter, running more pressure shouldn't be required. I've played with it myself using hpt and removed the changes because it was hitting way to hard on the lockup, but I was using a triple lockup converter.

I also think that GM have various other code changes between OS/Cal's that effect the way the converter lockup stuff works that neither EFI or HPT show.

Can we get the Regulator Gain & Regulator Off-set tables added please efilive?

No sorry, T43 will probably never be looked at again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast