Thread: V2 all led's lit and screen flashing on and off repeatedly

Default V2 all led's lit and screen flashing on and off repeatedly

Hey guys, So i plugged in my V2 into my computer today, it immediately lit all of the led's up and the screen repeatedly turns on and off and when i try to connect to any software it says the V2 is unresponsive, has anyone ever had this problem?

Does it happen on all your PC's USB ports...?

Yes, i have tried all usb's on my computer and still the same thing

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I have seen a similar problem if the AutoCal firmware is accidentally programmed in to FlashScan. However, that can't easily happen without first renaming the AutoCal firmware file to make it appear as FlashScan firmware.

Can you boot FlashScan into dead-poll? I.e. hold down the Ctrl button on FlashScan while powering it up. If you can, then do that and use the EFILive Control Panel to attempt to reprogram the firmware.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I had this same thing happen yesterday. I had downloaded the V8 and V7.5 software. I was trying to update the boot block and the V2 stopped communicating in the middle of the process. The screen now flashes and all 5 LED's are lit. I cannot get it to go into dead poll mode anymore either. Not sure what to do from here since the V2,appears to be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by March View Post
    I had this same thing happen yesterday. I had downloaded the V8 and V7.5 software. I was trying to update the boot block and the V2 stopped communicating in the middle of the process. The screen now flashes and all 5 LED's are lit. I cannot get it to go into dead poll mode anymore either. Not sure what to do from here since the V2,appears to be locked up.
    Older boot blocks sometimes had difficulty booting to dead-poll when powering up via USB.
    Can you get it to boot into dead-poll mode while it is being connected to the vehicle via the OBDII cable?

Regards
    Paul

[QUOTE=Blacky;224093]Older boot blocks sometimes had difficulty booting to dead-poll when powering up via USB.
    Can you get it to boot into dead-poll mode while it is being connected to the vehicle via the OBDII cable?

Regards
    Paul

No it will not go into dead-poll mode via ODB-II. It powers on and the screen flashes and all 5 LED lights are lit steady.

Quote Originally Posted by March View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Older boot blocks sometimes had difficulty booting to dead-poll when powering up via USB.

Regards
    Paul
    No it will not go into dead-poll mode via ODB-II. It powers on and the screen flashes and all 5 LED lights are lit steady.
    One last thing to try, sometimes you need to let FlashScan remain powered off for a few minutes before attempting to boot into dead-poll mode.

If it still can't be booted into dead-poll mode then it can't be recovered without performing a complete factory reset which can only be done at EFILive.
    It will need to be returned to EFILive to have the boot block recovered.

You should log a support case here: https://support.efilive.com/index.php
    See this document for more detailed instructions: http://content.efilive.com/documents...%20Process.pdf

Regards
    Paul