Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dsp5 flashing issue

Default Dsp5 flashing issue

Went to flash an 04.5 LLY last night and I got the message in the picture below. So I clicked Alt keys, assume lock may be faulty, try additional unlock strategy, and high speed I attempted to flash i[IMG][/IMG]t again with no avail. I'm hoping its an easy fix, but I'm worried the ecm is done for.

Truck is all stock besides gauges, and a edge insite.

All of my stuff is up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446651921610.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	18986

Are you flashing direct to the OBDII port (Edge Insight Unplugged not Pass Thru)?

$0101 No data received

CAUSE: USB cable is faulty or not connected. In rare circumstances the PC operating system or the EFILive software may be malfunctioning. In even rarer circumstances the FlashScan or AutoCal device’s USB circuitry may have been damaged. That damage occurs when the laptop is powered by a voltage inverter supplied from the vehicle’s battery. A power inverter must never be used to power the laptop while it is connected via FlashScan or AutoCal to the vehicle.

ACTION: Check USB cables, plugs and connections. Try using a different USB port and/or different USB cable. Try rebooting the PC/laptop. Try using a self-powered USB hub between the PC/laptop and FlashScan or AutoCal. Try re-installing EFILive software which also re-installs the USB drivers.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

Flashing directly into the OBDII port. And I have never used an inverter while flashing. I will try that and see what I come up with. Truck is currently in a no crank position. Is it possible that the ecm is still good?

ECM Is probably okay. Disconnect both batteries and wait 10~15 minutes. While waiting Charge the truck batteries but BE SURE to Disconnect the charger before proceeding to the next steps! Now, reconnect batteries and flash a Stock Tune
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

Also is there an aftermarket radio in the truck? If so make sure it is REMOVED from the truck, and the door chime adapter module removed as they are KNOWN to crash the bus and cause a no data received error. Also they can sometimes pop awake during a flash, and stop the process or even worse brick an ECM.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Also is there an aftermarket radio in the truck? If so make sure it is REMOVED from the truck, and the door chime adapter module removed as they are KNOWN to crash the bus and cause a no data received error. Also they can sometimes pop awake during a flash, and stop the process or even worse brick an ECM.
    No none of that in the truck at all, I even pulled all the radio fuses last night. Like I said it is all stock besides a pair of Autometer gauges

Did you try what Move'n' Up suggested? Pull the battery(s) for a minute and try again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That is the next step. The day job has me tied up until 6 tonight and then I'm going to try it again. Hopefully it will work this time!

Lifetime Member

pull the radio fuses and amp. two 15 amps and a 30 amp, down in the lower right hand corner.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Update time.
    When I got to the truck this afternoon this is what I did.

Opened Scan Tool and cleared all of the codes.
    Opened V8 (said a few choice profanitys) and preformed a full flash without a single hiccup!
    Truck now runs like a scalded dog. I didn't do a single thing different from the first flash attempt last night and it just worked tonight.

Thanks for all the help guys, it is greatly appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast