Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L96 6.0 swapped into 2009 Suburban

I will need to remove 3 PID's if I add those. I had to remove 2 to add the PID's for actual and commanded VVT. I can remove those 2, and will look and see which other I can likely remove. I have an email out to my first tuner to see if he still has my unmodified 5.3 tune.
    That tune in post #1 was my local tuners final attempt at getting this truck running correctly.
    The tune in post #9 was a national tuners last tune back to me, and they have not made any changes to it in over 2 weeks and the last emails back have not asked for anything further and are stating clogged injectors is the problem. I anticipate being able to send out my injectors soon to be ultrasonically cleaned, but have no spare injectors of the same size. I do have the ones from my 5.3 which were also flex fuel injectors so my hope is that they turned out to be the same part number.

I will hopefully get this new log taken today, I appreciate the help!

Josh

Lifetime Member

If you use (or plan to use) E85, then stick with the higher flowing 2011 L96 injectors. Having them cleaned and the flow rates checked (sometimes referred to as being balanced) is money well spent - especially if the engine had sat unused for awhile.

Do you have your own V2, or just an Autocal ?

I was able to run out and take a quick log at lunch.
    Yes, I intend to hopefully again run E85 someday. The tuner had turned that option off as they were having a difficult time getting it to run 100% on e10 as it is. I will send those out hopefully next week, my plan is to just change the injector table to the 5.3 injectors within this tune to drive my truck while they are out being cleaned.

I have access to a V2 that is a friend of mines.

Thank you,
    Josh
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just checking to see if there was anything seen out of the ordinary?

Reviving from the dead....Still working with the email vendor, still having issues. They have since turned off the VVT, and still have issues. Roughly 10mpg, and during cold operation right when I leave in the morning it struggles. They had thought my cats were bad, but I banged on them and hear nothing.

If I get a wideband, can I put it in place of my upstream o2 on one of the banks and still have the vehicle function enough to take the truck for a drive and get a log? Could I force this into open loop somehow and have it give correct data?

With your hand, do you feel the exhaust pulses coming out of your tailpipes...?

You could insert a WB in place of a NBO2 to get a log, this make it run in OL, the data shows how close the MAF/VE are without trimming.

Some WB's provide NB output which you connect up to your NBO2 connector, so you can retain CL operation.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    With your hand, do you feel the exhaust pulses coming out of your tailpipes...?

You could insert a WB in place of a NBO2 to get a log, this make it run in OL, the data shows how close the MAF/VE are without trimming.

Some WB's provide NB output which you connect up to your NBO2 connector, so you can retain CL operation.

It is one tailpipe and yes I can feel exhaust pulses. I may have to try to order a wideband and hope that I can connect the narrowband output from something like an LC1 or LC2 and configure it to log.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12