Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting version error when I have the most current version

Default Getting version error when I have the most current version

Trying to upload my newest tune PPEI (KW) in my truck via my V2 and I'm getting "The version of the file being opened is not supported by this software version." Any thoughts?

File is attached.
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; November 17th, 2015 at 08:30 AM.

Any help is appreciated!! I have the latest firmware and both versions are updated

Lifetime Member

Your tuner needs to provide to you the details of the software/firmware you need to be running. I'll suggest that you are running the public release from our website, but they are using Public Pre-Release software from our forum and given your software is older than his, you cannot flash the file.

The October Pre-release software is available here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release, but ONLY install this software on the specific request of your tuner.

Your tuner provides support for your AutoCal, your software needs to be in sync with his FlashScan V2, only he can tell you what version you need to be running. If you install software ahead of what he is running, you may end up in a situation where he is unable to support you until he upgrades.

Cheers
    Cindy

When you update V7 and V8 software you also have to update V2 firmware and V2 BBx config.

As Cindy said, if you have an AutoCal, get your tuner to sort it out.

I have a V2, not an autocal, as posted above. It was due to the EFI Live website not having the up to date version. Got it downloaded as Cindy posted on #3. Thanks Cindy, greatly appreciated!!

And I don't guess either of you can read. I have a V2, not an Autocal. No idea where you guys got that info from??

Quote Originally Posted by JTBrewer View Post
    And I don't guess either of you can read. I have a V2, not an Autocal. No idea where you guys got that info from??
    This is what I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    When you update V7 and V8 software you also have to update V2 firmware and V2 BBx config.

As Cindy said, if you have an AutoCal, get your tuner to sort it out.

Also, this does not really help (the actual build number is more helpful):
    ... I have the latest firmware and both versions are updated

They were updated off the efi live website. Firmware is not current there. I had to use the link to the forum. Might update your website...It would save this whole piss in match.

Lifetime Member

They were updated off the efi live website. Firmware is not current there. I had to use the link to the forum. Might update your website...It would save this whole piss in match.
    The website software versions are correct. As software developers EFILive adheres to industry software release practices where the most current Public release is published and highlighted. Users don't need to perform risk analysis or make business based decisions on running public release software, but need to for other forms of software.

Other, more recent versions of software - beta software and public pre-release software are noted on that page but below the public release and contain a range of conditions where you the user needs to make a decision about whether or not to run software that has not yet reached the stage of Public Release status. Users need to perform a risk analysis based on the release notes, and their business needs.

You did state that you had a V2; it was my mistake referring to it as an AutoCal. In any case, should you be receiving tunes from another source, that tuner needs to provide you with the details on software/firmware versions used so you can maintain compatibility (after balancing the risks) with the files he is providing you.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    The website software versions are correct. As software developers EFILive adheres to industry software release practices where the most current Public release is published and highlighted. Users don't need to perform risk analysis or make business based decisions on running public release software, but need to for other forms of software.

Other, more recent versions of software - beta software and public pre-release software are noted on that page but below the public release and contain a range of conditions where you the user needs to make a decision about whether or not to run software that has not yet reached the stage of Public Release status. Users need to perform a risk analysis based on the release notes, and their business needs.

You did state that you had a V2; it was my mistake referring to it as an AutoCal. In any case, should you be receiving tunes from another source, that tuner needs to provide you with the details on software/firmware versions used so you can maintain compatibility (after balancing the risks) with the files he is providing you.

Cheers
    Cindy

Use the version from here http://ppei.com/pages/downloads
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast