Thread: Scan tool won't connect to LMM Duramax

Default Scan tool won't connect to LMM Duramax

Since I did the latest update I have not been able to connect to my LMM Duramax or another LML. When I enter the V7.5 (as I always have) scan tool and press the green connect button it says "The flashscan/autocal interface is not compatible with the version of Efilive software. Please install the latest version of software and firmware." I have double checked and they are both up to date. I tried using the V8 control panel to access the scan tool but every button I hit a prompt box says "That option is not available yet". I'm not sure where to go from here.

I am also having trouble on my 2009 LMM, it will connect to the truck as indicated by the blue bar at the bottom of the scan tool screen, but as soon as I click the yellow "monitor real time data" or the red "Record data" buttons it will generate an error report "Error code: ERR_IGNORED/4 No response from vehicle." I have the entire error report file saved if someone wants to take a look at it. I also get the "That option is not available yet" in the V8 Software.

Subed for the replies

Lifetime Member

What software and firmware versions are you both running?

Cheers
    Cindy

Hey Cindy,

I re-installed both V7.5 and V8.2 off the efilive website tonight and can now read live data and record data from the truck without error using the V7.5 Scan Tool.
    I will check on my firmware on my V2 but after installing both programs I clicked the "Check firmware" with my V2 plugged in and it said everything was good. I don't recall ever updating the firmware since I got the V2 in June. Is there a way to force it to update?

Thanks for the speedy response

Lifetime Member

I'm glad you got it sorted.

To check your firmware, with your FlashScan V2 connected, open V8 scan and tune software. Select the Check Firmware button at the top of the page.

You'll find step by step instructions, including pictures here https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...7243-SFGL-2949

Cheers
    Cindy

Sorry Cindy,

Im not trying to be difficult but I just noticed that my V8 software still states "V8.2.2.276" in the about section despite installing it tonight. This is most likely why it is saying my firmware and boot block are up to date when clicking the check firmware. Do I need to uninstall the program completely in order to get build 287 with the updated firmware?

Lifetime Member

You shouldn't need to uninstall to install later software. You should be able to find the download in your history and simply run the installation again.

The October software is located here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release so you can check your download against the latest release to confirm that is infact what you did download.

Cheers
    Cindy

Excellent, thank you so much for your help Cindy. I am a big fan of this software and I am happy to know that there is great support to back it.

I now have the most recent software via the link above. I'm sure it will solve some of the other small issues I have been experiencing judging by the list of improvements.

Regards,

T.J.

P.S. Sorry I hijacked your thread Caterpillar