Thread: Help dreaded P0101 MAF

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help dreaded P0101 MAF

Hey guys, new to this forum, but a longtime member and Admin on some of the manufacturer specific forums. I will try to be as specific and detailed as possible without cluttering things up. Here goes:

Car was stock and fitted with high flow cats and ran fine. Car was later fitted with catless downpipes and tuned and also ran fine for at least 2 weeks. Tune was re-tweaked and a few days later I noticed some issues while at track of the car losing power at WOT redline. Did some trial and error testing and discovered P0101 MAF out of range.

Scenario:

From dead stop, WOT, the car will throw DTC P0101 at the 3/4 shift, once it hits, the car loses power and I can no longer accelerate. However if I reset the gas pedal by removing my foot for a split second, I can continue accelerating again, so its almost as if the error resets itself with a blip of the pedal. The error only shows up under "CONSTANT" WOT at the 3/4 shift, sometimes the 4/5 shift, but always near redline. If I start my WOT run in 3rd gear there are ZERO issues I can accelerate nicely. This kind of leads me to believe the error is "time" related and the car needs to be under WOT for "X" seconds. Sadly I cant test the theory in higher gears bc I am unable to run WOT in 4th 5th 6th for "X" seconds due to traffic. The car has 2 MAF sensors, both sensors are working properly, the MAP sensor is also working properly so the problem is NOT MAF or MAP, this is 100% confirmed. This AM I plugged the scan tool in and did some recording. I am able to see where the car falls off, sadly I dont know how to interpret the data to make the proper judgement.

Attached is a copy of the live data. Frame 2 is still OK, but in frame 3 you can see changes in the yellow areas, MAF, boost and relative throttle all drop, even though my foot was still floored and the throttle position was still WOT. Frame 3 was taken a split second BEFORE the DTC was triggered.

Do you guys say boost leak, bad TPS?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAF.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	463.1 KB 
ID:	19034  
    Last edited by mrpa1999; November 18th, 2015 at 05:50 AM.