Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about upgrading from v1 to V2 and interface license transfer

Default Question about upgrading from v1 to V2 and interface license transfer

i just ordered the V2 upgrade from my v1. I was reading about transferring the licenses from the V1 to the V2 interface. They say to have both cables plugged in to do this but do I first have to install the V2 using the disc supplied before doing the license transfer? Also do I need to uninstall the V1 software before installing the V2 or do I just install the V2 software over the V1? Just want to make sure I do this right. Thanks

Install the V7 and V8 from here: Novemeber-2015-EFILive-Public-Stable-Release

( forget about the disc that comes with )

( there is not V1 or V2 software )

and then follow the instructions for migrating the licenses from V1 to V2.

Just to make sure, which instructions are you following...?
    Last edited by joecar; December 9th, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

I just got it today. i was just lookign on the forum to see how people do it. i did the install but it's not working right. When i open my old silverado tune file it says it's opening with V7.4 still. I tried to read the tune from my silverado and it says it can't communicate with the cable. Almost like the drivers are not installed. Not sure what to do here.

Another question. i have it working but wondering since I done the upgrade do I still get the two free VIN licenses with the upgrade? Just wondering because I pulled the tune from my vette and changed a few things and went to flash it and it said to license it so went to do that and it says I don't have any free licenses. I thought I got two free when doing the upgrade. Am I wrong? I don't want to buy one if I'm supposed to have two free.

Quote Originally Posted by mvvette97 View Post
    I just got it today. i was just lookign on the forum to see how people do it. i did the install but it's not working right. When i open my old silverado tune file it says it's opening with V7.4 still. I tried to read the tune from my silverado and it says it can't communicate with the cable. Almost like the drivers are not installed. Not sure what to do here.
    Ok, uninstall V7.4...

and then install V7.5 from here: Novemeber-2015-EFILive-Public-Stable-Release

and also install V8.

Drivers:

from your Windows desktop go Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Manager

and then click Uninstall USB drivers...

and then install the earlier version USB driver (first click Show Old Drivers).

Another question. i have it working but wondering since I done the upgrade do I still get the two free VIN licenses with the upgrade? Just wondering because I pulled the tune from my vette and changed a few things and went to flash it and it said to license it so went to do that and it says I don't have any free licenses. I thought I got two free when doing the upgrade. Am I wrong? I don't want to buy one if I'm supposed to have two free.
    Can you post some screenshots showing that so I can see why...

( screenshot: see post #10 here: Hosting-an-Image.post#10 )

I'm trying. haha. I looked and all the licenses from my old cable are in there but no others available.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Yes, you should have two free (i.e. "Available") VIN licenses on your V2.
    Can you post a screen shot of the V1 PCM licensing info? You'll need to use the V7.5 Tuning Tool software to display the V1 PCM license info. Use the Help->FlashScan V1 PCM licensing... menu option.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast