Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E67 standalone question

Lifetime Member

Default E67 standalone question

Converting a 2013 e67 cts-v LSA harness to standalone. I have PCM ignition wires identified but there is a blue wire called 'Accessory Wakeup Serial Data' on blue 18. Is this wire needed? I thought I read that it needs 12v ignition...

Besides that are there any other things I need to know about this PCM for powering up, enabling tach (there is currently no wire), adding a resistor to data link (or is it just straight from ecm to aldl?), starter enable circuit (I am running through stock vehicle starting circuit but I heard this can disable injector pulse??)

This is my first e67 so I am a little unsure about a few of these things. Or super chargers for that matter. I assume the SC will operate as it should if the tune isn't modified and the two SC connectors are hooked up?
    Last edited by bubba68ss; December 22nd, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
    Converting a 2013 e67 cts-v LSA harness to standalone. I have PCM ignition wires identified but there is a blue wire called 'Accessory Wakeup Serial Data' on blue 18. Is this wire needed? I thought I read that it needs 12v ignition...
    Connect C1 (Blue) pin 18 (Accessory Wakeup) to a 12 volt ignition (not battery) source.

Besides that are there any other things I need to know about this PCM for powering up, enabling tach (there is currently no wire)
    Tach - you will need to add a wire to C1 (Blue) pin 25. You will also need to change G1201 to "Crank", and add a Tach pull-up circuit.

adding a resistor to data link (or is it just straight from ecm to aldl?)
    You don't need to add an additional resistor (the E67 has one already).

starter enable circuit (I am running through stock vehicle starting circuit but I heard this can disable injector pulse??)
    Starter enable circuit - not sure what you are referring to (Starter Relay Enable perhaps ?). Not required - the VATS patch will take care of this.

This is my first e67 so I am a little unsure about a few of these things. Or super chargers for that matter. I assume the SC will operate as it should if the tune isn't modified and the two SC connectors are hooked up?
    LSA engines use two sub-wiring harnesses - one for each cylinder bank. These connect to the injectors, coils, and Supercharger Air Inlet Pressure Sensor (at the front of bank 1). These two sub-wiring harnesses connect to the main engine wiring harness near the back of each cylinder head (12 way connector).

Additional Supercharger related connections include: MAP, IAT2, BARO, Supercharger Bypass Valve Solenoid, and Intercooler Pump (sometimes referred to as the CAC or Charge Air Cooler)

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Connect C1 (Blue) pin 18 (Accessory Wakeup) to a 12 volt ignition (not battery) source.

Tach - you will need to add a wire to C1 (Blue) pin 25. You will also need to change G1201 to "Crank", and add a Tach pull-up circuit.

You don't need to add an additional resistor (the E67 has one already).

Starter enable circuit - not sure what you are referring to (Starter Relay Enable perhaps ?). Not required - the VATS patch will take care of this.

LSA engines use two sub-wiring harnesses - one for each cylinder bank. These connect to the injectors, coils, and Supercharger Air Inlet Pressure Sensor (at the front of bank 1). These two sub-wiring harnesses connect to the main engine wiring harness near the back of each cylinder head (12 way connector).

Additional Supercharger related connections include: MAP, IAT2, BARO, Supercharger Bypass Valve Solenoid, and Intercooler Pump (sometimes referred to as the CAC or Charge Air Cooler)

Fantastic. Thank you Taz.

I have all those connectors on the harness. As for my customer Im not sure if he has the CAC. The connector is there so I assume they can hook it up to any aftermarket cooler? It's just a on/off signal right?

Also, I haven't done a VATs patch before but I have a license purchased for the ecm and will tune myself. Is there a thread or documentation I can read for doing the patch?

Thanks again.

Lifetime Member

One other thing, I believe I read that I can use pin 24 on blue as a pull-up circuit. Is this correct? It already has a 2.5k resistor I believe.

Lifetime Member

One more question. Do I need to run the clutch pedal position switch? Does PCM need this data?

Lifetime Member

One other thing, I believe I read that I can use pin 24 on blue as a pull-up circuit. Is this correct? It already has a 2.5k resistor I believe.
    I believe at least one harness builder does this - I don't - that output has another use (rarely used by most people).

Lifetime Member

One more question. Do I need to run the clutch pedal position switch? Does PCM need this data?
    I have done LSA conversions with, and without, the Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) Sensor. This was dependent on what other features had been requested for the conversion project.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I have done LSA conversions with, and without, the Clutch Pedal Position (CPP) Sensor. This was dependent on what other features had been requested for the conversion project.
    Does it have any effect on skip shift or reverse lockout? Starting? I imagine it was mainly used for Cruise disable.

Lifetime Member

So these are the things I did in order, can you tell me if I missed anything? This is for basic standalone operation, no starter relay, 3 fan relays, no clutch pedal switch... going in 69 camaro.

Aside from disabling DTC's, is this all that is necessary for stand alone operation? This harness is being sent to a customer so on-site diagnostics are not possible. I'd like to get this right the first time if possible.

Step 1)
    Applied VATS patch
    G1210 vats to 'type 3'
    Full Flashed

Step 2)
    G1213 set to 'NO' for Clutch Depress
    G1220 set to 'not used' for starter relay
    G1202 set to 15 (from 14 based on a efilive post i saw where 15 was used)
    G1203 set to 15 as well
    B2201 set to No for A.I.R.
    Calibration flashed

*3 issues/questions

1) I am unsure about how to set dual fans. I wired in relays as alldata showed (3 relay setup) and used the original fan harness to fit my custom fuse box. But I don't understand the gen IV fan settings (discrete, 'fan power table' like G0901). do i just leave it all stock? I am only used to the LS1B pcm's.

2) When I switch on ignition power for bench harness test I hear fuel pump relay cycle for a few seconds. then If I switch off and back on I don't hear relay cycle. i have to leave ignition off for about 45 seconds or more for it to cycle with 'key on' again. is this normal?

3) With harness powered up I have 12v across skip shift plug AND reverse lockout plug. Shouldn't these only be energized under certain speeds/scenarios?

Thank you

Lifetime Member

... I am unsure about how to set dual fans. I wired in relays as alldata showed (3 relay setup) and used the original fan harness to fit my custom fuse box. But I don't understand the gen IV fan settings (discrete, 'fan power table' like G0901). do i just leave it all stock? I am only used to the LS1B pcm's...
    Fans are activated / deactivated at specific PWM % break points. If memory serves the PWM % points for a 2013 CTS-V are:

• Fan 1 OFF - 30%
    • Fan 1 ON - 50%
    • Fan 2 OFF - 50%
    • Fan 2 ON - 90%

...With harness powered up I have 12v across skip shift plug AND reverse lockout plug. Shouldn't these only be energized under certain speeds/scenarios? ...
    Go back to your wiring diagrams ... both are powered (12 volts) by the Powertrain Control Relay. The E67 ECM grounds these circuits (when appropriate).

I would recommend doing a little more research before offering an LSA wiring harness and ECM as a commercial venture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast