Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E38 no start issue

Yes it was weird, as it flagged other codes, which I was able to sort out, but with this broken cam ground wire to X2-66 (E38) was enough to prevent the ecu from giving the OK to activate/command fuel and spark, and yet no codes or reasons in VTD, which was frustrating..... so it was back to old school.... pull it all apart.....
    I will put a photo up later of the mess, and what a L77 looks like running on 2 different combined and opened up wiring harnesses... not a pretty site.. lol
    Thanks again for help

Not pretty, but at least I had it running.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160112_115307.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	19189
    and found the problem
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160112_115239.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	865.8 KB 
ID:	19190

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    Update... problem solved.
    After much stuffing around using a 2nd harness and then pinning (almost) everything out, and then doing process of elimination, it turned out to be a broken wire in the cam sensor lead. The crashed donor car took a hit on the front left, and although it didn't cut the harness, it busted the earth wire in the crash.
    This was my bad, as I know that these engines will run with the cam sensor unplugged, so I "assumed" this sensor wouldn't be a problem..... wrong.... it will run with 3 wires unplugged but not just 1.... and this is enough to cut fuel and spark....
    Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated
    I have it all finished and running very nice now
    Next step is to get the VF Body Control module to run the TUTD, has anyone done this yet??? and/or got the pinouts from BCM to use.
    Or is it just easier to use the VE BCM
    Did you ever get the VF BCM pinout, or working?

I am still struggling with start relays with 6l80e, seems easiest to just run a microswitch on the shifter, but I do use the BCM, so is there a way to get nuetral safety and a reverse light electrically via the BCM? My efforts have achieved nothing

Quote Originally Posted by gareth12 View Post
    Did you ever get the VF BCM pinout, or working?

I am still struggling with start relays with 6l80e, seems easiest to just run a microswitch on the shifter, but I do use the BCM, so is there a way to get nuetral safety and a reverse light electrically via the BCM? My efforts have achieved nothing
    I have a VF manual now if anyone needs bcm info, i will have the tiptronic sorted out soon enough. Im still struggling with the neutral safety

Quote Originally Posted by gareth12 View Post
    I have a VF manual now if anyone needs bcm info, i will have the tiptronic sorted out soon enough. Im still struggling with the neutral safety
    Somehow, I don't get notified of new replies... Yes the neutral safety is quite basic on the 6L80e...
    Bare in kind, that I am talking about conversions.... it works a bit different in actual VE and VF Commodores
    So from pin 3 in the TCM, it runs to pin X1-01 at ECM, but this needs to branch off to the ground terminal at your start relay.
    Then in software switch
    G1213 depress clutch to No
    G1219 disable
    G1220 apply to ground
    From memory theres a couple of trouble code flags to change as well, but basic.

If you are using an auto ECM but you are not running a 6L80e with it, its best to ground the start signal at X1-01 to fool ECM to think its in Park

I'd be interested in VF BCM pinouts that allow TUTD to function
    Ive done the VE ones, but never persevered with VF, mainly because I have a separate module that allows the use of any shifter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234