Thread: Loading a tune to my autocal (2014 Cummins)

Default Loading a tune to my autocal (2014 Cummins)

Hey guys still trying to learn all this stuff on how to load tunes to my autocal from my tuner I get in my email. I just deleted my 14 Cummins. I have watched videos on how to put it to the autocal. Most are showing going to the efi explorer then going to the tune folder and drag it right into the window pane. I tried this and I got an error saying that the file was in the wrong format. My tuner sent the tune as a BBX file. I have seen some people going to the BBX tab and putting the tune in there somehow. I'm kinda lost, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks

Lifetime Member

Default Loading a tune to my autocal (2014 Cummins)

From the AutoCal for End Users Guide on our website.

To program Quick Setup files, connect AutoCal to your PC and open V8 Scan and Tune Software.
    1. Select[F5:BBX]
    2. Select[F6:QuickSetup]
    3. Select Open Quick Setup and navigate to your required Quick Setup.bbx file.
    4. Select appropriate options that are to be performed when the quick setup is programmed into the device. Do not change any of these settings unless instructed by your tuner. Your tuner may have already selected these for you.
    o Format the CONFIG file system before copying BBX configuration files to device will as the description suggests format the CONFIG file system. It is recommended that you check this option to ensure all old configuration files are removed from the target device.
    o Delete all existing tune files before copying new tune files to device will delete all existing *.ctz and *.coz files from the /EFILive/Tune folder of the target device.
    o Overwrite existing tune files when copying new tune files to device will automatically and without any warning, overwrite existing files on the device. It is recommended that you check this option otherwise if a file already exists on the device then it will not be copied from the quick setup to the target device.
    5. Select Program Quick Setup.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks so much that makes a lot more sense now. So when I put this new tune on my autocal is it going to erase all the tunes that came preloaded on my autocal? Am I able to drag the tunes that came on my autocal to my desktop so I don't lose them?

Lifetime Member

The answer to your question depends on the delete tune file option selected before programming the bbx file.

If your tuner sent those original tunes as a bbx, you'll already have it. If those tunes were already installed on your AutoCal, you'll need to use EFI Explorer to make a copy on your desktop.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.