Thread: I give up, need help

Lifetime Member

Default I give up, need help

I've been messing with my brother's car for about a year now. For some reason, it doesn't want to shift at WOT until it reaches 7000RPM. We're talking a 2002 Camaro. I doubt it's a trans cal issue, as I did a segment copy from his 2002 Firebird that shifts picture perfect. Either I'm missing something in the program or he has a hard trans failure, except it shifted fine before I started messing with it. The car origin? ally had a Predator tune that I removed to replace with an EFI tune, and ever since it's been screwed. Can anyone see what's wrong with the program? Thanks in advance. I feel really bad about hosing my brother's car and I'd like to make it right. I'm going his way for Christmas and if at all possible I'd like to get this squared away before then. Thanks in advance. 11 November 2015 post full flash vette timing 2002 Trans Am trans cal tire size change.ctz

Had a quick look, your WOT shift speeds are set at........ 1st-2nd gear =44mph, 2nd-3rd gear = 90mph, 3rd to 4th = 254mph.... there could be your problem

Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

+1 I agree with Scotty...

try setting to 1->2 to 37 mph and 2->3 to 71 mph; and set the corresponding WOT downshifts to about 8 mph lower than those.

Also, set the WOT RPM to 5000 rpm

( WOT shift needs both WOT MPH and WOT RPM to be reached in order to trigger the shift )

Lifetime Member

From what I have learned, the PCM does a much better job when you tell it to shift based on MPH, than if you tell it a certain RPM. Thus, set the RPM trigger lower (like what joecar is telling you), and adjust the MPH to get the desired RPM you want to shift it. Kind of a pain, but when you do it that way, it works much better than trying to get the MPH to trigger 1st, and then adjusting the RPM.

Lifetime Member

OK will do folks, and thanks. Won't be until after Christmas before I know if this gets it or not though. I'll come back and post the results. Merry Christmas!

Lifetime Member

Hey folks, nailed it. The car is now shifting correctly. Thanks for the help on this!

Good job