Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trans not following tune

That's usually the front servo seals leaking. If you haven't already done so then replace the OEM with a billet unit. Also replacing the OEM plastic accumulator with a billet unit is a good idea while your in there.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

Quote Originally Posted by Move'n Up View Post
    That's usually the front servo seals leaking. If you haven't already done so then replace the OEM with a billet unit. Also replacing the OEM plastic accumulator with a billet unit is a good idea while your in there.
    Yeah good point. I was planning on replacing them when I do a shift kit. Just haven't got quite that far yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Yeah good point. I was planning on replacing them when I do a shift kit. Just haven't got quite that far yet lol.
    Run to much HP on that tune and you'll be there sooner then you think LOL 😂
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

So I jacked around with the 3-4 and 4-3 table and got some funny results. Apparently I confused it pretty good. I'm still not fully understanding how the computer views these tables. It must still look at the 4-3 table even when its trying to shift from 3-4 using the 3-4 table; rather than only looking at one table at a time. I think there is a connection between the two table on the 3-4 and 4-3 shift and they must jive together or it won't work right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	confused 3-4-3.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	19149

Default Trans not following tune

Well I've done some serious studying this morning of my log and the stock maps compared to mine and I figured it out. Graphing things out really helped. The picture basically says it all.

Stock:

My map:

Now you can see why I had those funky logs. I've determined that anytime TP and TOS falls in the grey area it will shift to 4th, above the red line and it will down shift to third, below black line and no action occurs.

Figuring this out has opened the door for me. I believe this applies to TCC also. Hope this helps anyone else out there wondering. Now I can make something work with this info.
    Last edited by Ghostman; January 8th, 2016 at 07:59 AM.

Nice findings. You should look for a computer program to just overlay screen shots would probably make life easier on you.
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

Ok so here's my new graph. Gave myself a little more belly area where I believe is my cruising pass people range. I'm sure this will still take some changing to get it right but it's a start.

Shortly after posting that graph I realized I'll still be shifting into fourth sooner than I want so I made it like this.

Like I said, lots of tweaking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Shortly after posting that graph I realized I'll still be shifting into fourth sooner than I want so I made it like this.

Like I said, lots of tweaking lol
    Bingo!!!! Thats what I thought also when you posted that. that looks like a solid graph.
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

When the light bulb came on I literally felt like I cracked the Davinci Code lol.

As far as overlaying the data, yes that would be awesome. My wife said she will set me up something in excel to where I just punch in a few numbers an it will populate the data for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast